Automatically dialing an extension using Google Voice

Moby

Reaction score
This has been driving me nuts and I can't imagine I am the only person who has been dealing with this issue. I've tried searching the Internet and these forums and I really can't find much about this. I'm hoping someone here can help.

So the basic problem is that I have some numbers that I want to be followed with an extension number in the dial string. Without GV enabled, I can just add an entry in the phonebook like "(800) 555-5555,,12345#" and it will dial the 800 number, wait 4 second and then dial 12345#.

This doesn't work with Google Voice. Before the latest update to the app, I had at least figured out through a lot of trial and error (as well as being tipped off with how manually dialing numbers works) that I could do something like "800-555-5555#,,12345#," and it would trigger GV to dial just the 800 number and then the phone would wait and dial the extension.

Now, with the latest update (direct access numbers) it just seems to strip off all the remaining stuff after the main number and nothing happens regardless of what I do.

So my question is if anyone else has run into this issue and how they've managed to get around it. Help would be GREATLY appreciated!