Google Voice 0.4.0.12 - no more FnF?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score

interndom

Reaction score
Hey if you want the OLD google voice version without DIRECT ACCESS NUMBERS, donate 1 dollar to [email protected]

I have the old version backed up and you could be like me making free phone calls still!

boddah

Reaction score
Hey if you want the OLD google voice version without DIRECT ACCESS NUMBERS, donate 1 dollar to [email protected]

I have the old version backed up and you could be like me making free phone calls still!

Nobody donate anything to this guy, there's already a link in this thread where you can get it for free, like its supposed to be. Page one or two I believe

interndom

Reaction score

Nobody donate anything to this guy, there's already a link in this thread where you can get it for free, like its supposed to be. Page one or two I believe

Hey dont be a d$%k man. i didnt know this. and honestly there is a lot of poepl who have no idea where to find these links. maybe make it a bit more helpful for them buddy! :) just a thought....

ps. maybe i should tell the other 60 people who donated there is a link too. im sure by now if they all knew they wouldnt have donated shizz or kept donating for that matter! lol

interndom

Reaction score
Heres to you boodah! HEY everyone actually looking for the old version of google voice here it is!!! just download this! Backed up with astro.. Have a GRRREEEEAT day!

There now you cant say i haven't been trying! Thanks friend!

Attachments

• GV.zip
    625.6 KB · Views: 145

boddah

Reaction score
Selling open source software isn't cool man, good on you for trying to help out the community without trying to profit off someone elses work. Giving the link and asking for donations is one thing, but basically charging for the link goes against the spirit of open source.

interndom

Reaction score
Selling open source software isn't cool man, good on you for trying to help out the community without trying to profit off someone elses work. Giving the link and asking for donations is one thing, but basically charging for the link goes against the spirit of open source.

Im not selling anything man. Never said I was. The link is up and posted everywhere but I am offering people something of convenience. Dont rain on my parade im not doing anything wrong. jsut sying if you want it and either A cant find it or B dont feel like looking for it i am a busy guy too but maybe a donation would sway me to email it to you. So sorry buddy but you have a great day. Im not basically charging for the link either. if I was I would tell everyone im selling the link. lol. ive had a few people email me begging for the link just dont have a dollar or whatever and ive sent it so trust me its purely donations.

like i said im doing nothing wrong. and either way the google software piracy updates that are coming will phase out any old versions of anything very soon so dont worry about it. Sorry for causing you so much pain but have a great day! btw android rocks..!

DigiK

Reaction score
Cross posting this from my post in the other thread in case some of you are having difficulty finding information.

Free Calls With Google Voice .4 for Dummies w/ FnF Plans How-To

Despite the v.4 switch to unique, per-contact access number, you can still get free outbound calling without any extra steps or resorting to VOIP if you have Friends and Family or equivalent with a nice little program called GVMyNumber.

Download from your Android Device here:
gvmynumber - Project Hosting on Google Code

"GVMyNumber is a free Google Voice dialer for Android which integrates with the default Android Google Voice application," Setup for GVMyNumber is as easy as inputting your GV# into the application settings, and using it is even easier. Once you choose the contact you'd like to dial, select the 'Dial w/ Google Voice' option, and it automagically first dials your GV# and inputs the contact number to achieve free calling. No callbacks, instant seamless connection.

The beauty of GVMyNumber is that you only need to enter your GV# in FnF. No more musical chairs with ephemeral access numbers, and the whole process is quite seamless. Don't bother paying for other equivalent programs, as this works perfectly on 2.2 releases.

To quickly ascertain which carrier a contact is on for outbound calls/texts, you can use something like VZW's FnF phone number verifier tool. Under their contact name suffix, simply append VZW, ATT, etc; and you'll quickly be able to see which carrier they're on from the Rolodex before you make a call.

If you also want free in-bound calls, you can still have GV replace in-bound caller ID numbers with your GV# via Google Voice settings from a PC>Calls>Caller ID In>Display my GV Number. Your carrier will think your FnF GV# is calling you, thus free inbound calls. It's a stretch for most people, though, myself included.

Happy CAlling! :)

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
why are people still saying its using direct access numbers, i updated and still use one number. google fixed it. plus just incase i have a back up of the old version.

DigiK

Reaction score
Eh, I've been hearing that; but at this point, I'd honestly rather not deal with the possibility of the access number changing at some point. GVMyNumber ensures this.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eh, I've been hearing that; but at this point, I'd honestly rather not deal with the possibility of the access number changing at some point. GVMyNumber ensures this.
you could download a copy of the last version incase.

mccord42

Reaction score
Does gvmynumber actually work for you? I tried it and it dials the GV number just fine, then the comma two comma but the number I am trying to call and the pound are dialed way too fast and the GV system doesn't recognize them.

I also had my brother who has an unhacked and unrooted droid try to maually dial the numbers from his phone by typing it in like 5556667777,2,5559998888# and then send and it was too fast for him as well so it looks like there is a bug in either the android dialer or the motorola droid implementation of the dialer.

OP
L

les017

Reaction score
I have always found FlexDialer to work better than MGV#. PL