GOODBYE Thunderbolt - After 1 week of constant battery drainage, i gave up

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
So you bought the phone because when you use it a lot it dies??? I fail to see that reasoning.

I am 99% certain the droid has a 1300mAH battery, but mine lasts easily 3x longer than my TB did. That's with above-heavy use.... (since I apparently use my phone far more than anyone else)

I'll run my droid dead and screencap the battery usage... it'll be sometime tomorrow though, because the Droid lasts that long.

Can you people please stop comparing any other phone to the Thunderbolt? There is no other phone out there with a 4"+ screen running on a 2nd gen snapdragon processor on the LTE network. Let's wait and get some more comperable comparison devices out there before we can have any urination matches.

Stepping down... :soapbox:

I'm saying i expected this to not last as long as the D1 due to those facts, not saying the TB should be compared to it.

wingdo

Reaction score
So you bought the phone because when you use it a lot it dies??? I fail to see that reasoning.

I am 99% certain the droid has a 1300mAH battery, but mine lasts easily 3x longer than my TB did. That's with above-heavy use.... (since I apparently use my phone far more than anyone else)

I'll run my droid dead and screencap the battery usage... it'll be sometime tomorrow though, because the Droid lasts that long.

Can you people please stop comparing any other phone to the Thunderbolt? There is no other phone out there with a 4"+ screen running on a 2nd gen snapdragon processor on the LTE network. Let's wait and get some more comperable comparison devices out there before we can have any urination matches.

Stepping down... :soapbox:

I'm saying i expected this to not last as long as the D1 due to those facts, not saying the TB should be compared to it.

If you check out the quoted text, he was speaking to UNC and not you. ;)

asmaggio721

Reaction score
Just go to Verizon and pick up
The new extended battery, It's almost twice the size of the stock battery........and I get amazing battery life with it!
Sent from my THUNDERBOLT!

brkshr

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure any htc phone will have severe battery issues. I know from experience on evo & incredible. The incredible was an incredible piece of junk. Much happier with motorola's products. Droid, droid x & droid pro. I still need to try samsung products though :-/

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

vzdroid13

Reaction score
I'm just worried of the Bionic comes out next month. I wasn't gonna wait till June but I might have to take back TB and wait if its that close.

sent from my Thunderbolt

_33

Reaction score
My insides hurt. I love this thing, but it dies before I can get through a day of work. I work outside and can't charge the thing during the day. I'm getting maybe 6 hours with 4g on. It shouldn't be like this. I shouldn't have to worry about making it all day with barely any use.

I know I can turn 4g off. I know I can do some other little tweaks... but this isn't right. Am I expecting too much? All I want is 10 hours with minimal use. I don't think that's too much to expect.

Is it possible this thing is a lemon? Not just mine, but this whole "first vzw 4g phone" thing?

Did HTC under power the battery?

I considered getting the extended battery, but honestly, why should I? It won't fit into the car dock with it and that was one of the selling points for me.

Reaction score
My insides hurt. I love this thing, but it dies before I can get through a day of work. I work outside and can't charge the thing during the day. I'm getting maybe 6 hours with 4g on. It shouldn't be like this. I shouldn't have to worry about making it all day with barely any use.

I know I can turn 4g off. I know I can do some other little tweaks... but this isn't right. Am I expecting too much? All I want is 10 hours with minimal use. I don't think that's too much to expect.

Is it possible this thing is a lemon? Not just mine, but this whole "first vzw 4g phone" thing?

I considered getting the extended battery, but honestly, why should I? It won't fit into the car dock with it and that was one of the selling points for me.

Just rooted. Willing to bet that I will see a better battery life once I dump the Bloatware!

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I think I finally have my battery issue resolved, but it took a guy who gives a damn. The guy that sold me the phone is going to eat the cost of a 2200mah battery because Verizon won't take care of it.

He deserves kudos, but VZW needs to address this concern. I didn't want a pregnant looking phone and I do not want a battery that is physically bigger.

When the pile of returns start mounting up I suspect they will. Meanwhile I get to keep the phone that I love and make it through the day without worrying about a dead phone.

Long live Todd. :greendroid:

CsonkaBear

Reaction score

Just rooted. Willing to bet that I will see a better battery life once I dump the Bloatware!

I wish I knew how to do that stuff, but I'm afraid I would brick my phone.

alboboy10

Reaction score

How easy was it honestly, I never did it...so I'm really nervous to try. Plus once I root, I wouldn't know where to go from there.

How do I know what I'm removing isn't something important? I don't care much about installing pretty roms, maybe if I become really good at rooting. But I just wanna remove some things and install an app or two I can't when not rooted.

Also, what if the phone updates? My dx started updating by itself once, wouldn't that brig ur phone if you're rooted?

_33

Reaction score

I can't ADB to install on my laptop. I've spent a few hours trying to get it to work, but it won't.

I'm hoping a one click solution comes out real soon. If not I may take it back. It's sad because this is the best DEVICE I have ever owned.

DAVID2010

Reaction score
Its a keeper

With the spare battery kept charged and car charger if needed I am fine with my Thunderbolt. This device without doubt should have came with a bigger battery no doubt but I am not returning it. There are too many pro's to this device to return it for that con. Im getting at times 20MB+ download (36MB download best so far) and I am still amazed this can blow away most home WIFI speeds. I also like the quality of HTC devices.
Is this device perfect? No. But the battery does not bother me enough to return it.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score

I can't ADB to install on my laptop. I've spent a few hours trying to get it to work, but it won't.

I'm hoping a one click solution comes out real soon. If not I may take it back. It's sad because this is the best DEVICE I have ever owned.

ADB? Not sure what you mean.

_33

Reaction score
With the spare battery kept charged and car charger if needed I am fine with my Thunderbolt. This device without doubt should have came with a bigger battery no doubt but I am not returning it. There are too many pro's to this device to return it for that con. Im getting at times 20MB+ download (36MB download best so far) and I am still amazed this can blow away most home WIFI speeds. I also like the quality of HTC devices.
Is this device perfect? No. But the battery does not bother me enough to return it.

There's nothing about the TB that I don't love, except the battery. My wife was rushed to the ER the other day. My phone died at around 12 pm... they tried calling me at 1 pm. Luckily I checked my phone and noticed it was dead.

I have 4 kids, I need the phone to last from 6am to 4pm. If I can get it to that point, it's a keeper.

DVR6

Reaction score
_33 I'm an outside person as well and couldn't get past the poor performance in the wind. 15-20mph sea-breeze made the phone nearly unusable. Caller on the other end had a hard time understanding me and ask what i was doing more than once. Never had that happen with my Droid1. Switched back to the Droid 1 and could tell the difference immediately. Battery life on mine was not horrible but I did not like having to constantly worry about using the phone too much or I may not make it through the day.

I took it back and will wait for something better.