Your Experience with the Rezound Battery.. I Need Advice..

dolpns13

Reaction score
How are your experiences with the Rezound and its battery. I was eligible for an upgrade last month and when it came out I went and got the Rezound. I thought it was a great phone and it is the only phone I am interested in out of all the others that have just came out. Its the perfect size and doesnt feel like youre holding a phone box in your hand like the Razr, Nexus, or Bionic...

When I got the Rezound, after a week I returned the it because the battery was just horrendous. The battery was the only gripe I had with the phone. I decided to return the phone when the battery went completely dead after only 8 hours. At noon the phone was at 100% charge, then at 8 oclock, after not using the phone once (I was at a kids party so I didnt even look at my phone all day), it was asleep all day long.

Anyways I returned it before I knew about all the performance settings and smart actions and all that. I also was not aware that battery performance increases after you let the battery go completely dead and then fully recharge it a couple times. I also heard a rumor that the phone, remembers, your actions which also helps the battery. Is all this true?

Did I jump the gun in returning the Rezound? I currently have a Droid 1 and the phone just gets slower and slower day by day. It's so bad now that its at the point where I swear at my droid everyday. I also heard that you are not allowed to return the same phone twice so this is also a concern if I buy the Rezound again, and have the same battery issues, that I will not be able to return it.

So please tell me, how is your experience with the Rezound battery?

Thanks!

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Even before I ordered the Rezound, I ordered the extended battery. But I got great usage out of the stock 1620Mah battery. I'd turn it on at around 7:30 a.m., and after a full day with the usual usage, I still had about 30% left at night which is fine because as soon as I get home, I just put it on the charger and leave it there all night. But with the extended battery, I have between 50%-60% at the end of the day. No complaints here. You won't find a better phone.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
[h=2]I posted this in the Rezound forum but thought maybe id get more responses if I posted it in the general forums.[/h]
How are your experiences with the Rezound and its battery. I was eligible for an upgrade last month and when it came out I went and got the Rezound. I thought it was a great phone and it is the only phone I am interested in out of all the others that have just came out. Its the perfect size and fit for me.

When I got the Rezound, after a week I returned the it because the battery was just horrendous. The battery was the only gripe I had with the phone. I decided to return the phone when the battery went completely dead after only 8 hours. At noon the phone was at 100% charge, then at 8 oclock, after not using the phone once (I was at a kids party so I didnt even look at my phone all day), it was asleep all day long.

Anyways I returned it before I knew about all the performance settings and smart actions and all that. I also was not aware that battery performance increases after you let the battery go completely dead and then fully recharge it a couple times. I also heard a rumor that the phone, remembers, your actions which also helps the battery. Is all this true?

Did I jump the gun in returning the Rezound? I currently have a Droid 1 and the phone just gets slower and slower day by day. It's so bad now that its at the point where I swear at my droid everyday. I also heard that you are not allowed to return the same phone twice so this is also a concern if I buy the Rezound again, and have the same battery issues, that I will not be able to return it.

Thanks!​

Reaction score
I don't think any 4g phone is going to get great battery life. I carry extra battery. Have charger in home car office. That is how I deal with it.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Even before I ordered the Rezound, I ordered the extended battery. But I got great usage out of the stock 1620Mah battery. I'd turn it on at around 7:30 a.m., and after a full day with the usual usage, I still had about 30% left at night which is fine because as soon as I get home, I just put it on the charger and leave it there all night. But with the extended battery, I have between 50%-60% at the end of the day. No complaints here. You won't find a better phone.

I loved the phone.. I really did.. Perfect size and feel.. Does the extended battery increase the size of the phone or is it a normal size battery? If it does I wouldnt get it because I wouldnt want the phone any bigger than it already is. Did you change your performance settings and kill your battery first like I mentioned in my initial post? Or was it good right out of the box?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the Rezound forum but thought maybe id get more responses if I posted it in the general forums.

How are your experiences with the Rezound and its battery. I was eligible for an upgrade last month and when it came out I went and got the Rezound. I thought it was a great phone and it is the only phone I am interested in out of all the others that have just came out. Its the perfect size and fit for me.

Thanks!​

i dont have one but I do know that you need to break the battery in for maximum battery life, you might also want to consider getting an extended battery too

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
i dont have one but I do know that you need to break the battery in for maximum battery life, you might also want to consider getting an extended battery too

Is that done by killing it dead and recharging it? I dont understand why that increases the life of the battery.

sweaner

Reaction score
I find I have significantly better battery life than My palm Pre+ did. I go a full day easily, but I am not a power user.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
These batteries don't have a "memory" per say, it's the OS that keeps track of it of course.(At least to my understanding) Some say you should drain it completely or charge it completely upon first use after that it's already "trained".

Here's what I did with my Nexus after I rooted/ROMd it. I charged it to 100%, erased the battery memory, and then let it drain down to about 15%. From there I fully charged and that's how I "trained" it. Though there are a bunch of techniques you could use such as turning anything auto off and using apps such as Tasker or JuiceDefender. Before I ROMd it, my Nexus life wasn't too good, but it wasn't exactly accurate cause I couldn't put the device down:p

If your phone was dead after being on standby all day then that could be due to anything automatic running in the background. Also if you're in a weak 4g area it's taking that much more battery by constantly trying to keep a steady connection. Also using wifi whenever possible saves a ton of battery, especially with these 4g devices.

Think you should've came to the board before returning your Rezound, but I'm not going to tell you how to live your life. If you want to give it another shot just let us know and we'll try to help out. I have the Nexus which is notorious for weak battery life, but after flashing a ROM and using some tricks like using wifi instead, I can stretch my battery the whole day or longer with light to moderate use. One thing I actually do is switch my network to 3g only when I go to bed, I noticed a significant improvement in battery life over leaving 4g on. I am running a ROM that says better battery life and also use some underclocking app (No Frills) to save more battery.

Here are two examples:
From 100% to 91% with 3g on for about 9hrs while I slept.
19h 14min from 100% to 30%, used wifi mostly, played some Words with Friends, Facebook, few calls, and about 40 text messages. All that I consider moderate use.

I've heard the Rezound battery life is a bit better than the Nexus battery, stock for stock. Put a ROM on that sucker and you should see similar numbers....hopefully. We all use our phones differently though :)

blownfuse25

Reaction score
I have a Rezound & Love it. !!! Verizon has a sale on Extended batteries for it now... Almost half price. $$$ $29... I bought the case with a stand , used with extended battery or regular, but still have the big "hump". Rather you use the regular, or extended, so might as well use the extended....

So far I get about 6 hours with the regular, and am in 4g area. I only use wireless at home, secured.

My opinion is you jumped the gun, the reason I chose the rezound over the Razor... I can change battery, memory.. pulse it's a little faster than the rest...
Hope this helps

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I "rented" a Rezound for a few weeks due to my OG Droid deciding to have problems, and me wanting the Nexus. I had terrible battery life with the Rezound some days, and good (acceptable) other days. There would be times where it would lose a lot of battery in idle doing nothing. I am not in a 4G area so I disabled that. Also it was on wifi through most of it's life. Reception was wonderful with the device, so that wasn't a problem.

One day at work, someone had a birthday party in office. I left the device on my desk for about an hour. I come back and it had dropped 10% in battery. I couldn't figure out what on my device would make it drop 10% in an hour, while it was asleep. There wasn't anything unusual in the battery usage statistics. I ran a pretty barebones setup (disregarding the bloat that it forced upon me) mainly due to laziness, as I was renting the device. I had installed 15ish non-standard apps/games installed. I think Google Voice was the only app that actually would update when it wasn't running, excluding the stock apps.

I understand my experience perhaps isn't the norm, maybe even I had a defective device. But I wasn't happy with my battery life experience with the Rezound. Otherwise I quite enjoyed the device.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
I probably jumped the gun. I was so ticked off that day the battery died after not even waking it, I probably overreacted without checking out how to train the battery and do other things to save the battery life.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
the battery requires about a week or 2 of break-in cycles of charging and discharging, basically let it charge to full then discharge down to 10-5% or so (extended batteries take a little longer to break-in btw, probably closer to the 2 weeks)

MattHenson20

Reaction score
I have an extended battery, running BAMF Rom, and Ziggy kernel, OC'ed down to 1.2 GHz, and undervolted, also have minfree managers, I'm at 60% battery after 9 hrs of normal use on 4g only

Sent from my Rezound OC'ed and UV'ed runnin BAMF

MattHenson20

Reaction score
On my way to 20 hrs on 4g all day

Sent from my Rezound OC'ed and UV'ed runnin BAMF

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325732975305.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325732975305.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 245