Your Experience with the Rezound Battery.. I Need Advice..

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
I have an extended battery, running BAMF Rom, and Ziggy kernel, OC'ed down to 1.2 GHz, and undervolted, also have minfree managers, I'm at 60% battery after 9 hrs of normal use on 4g only

Sent from my Rezound OC'ed and UV'ed runnin BAMF

Whats the BAMF Rom? Is that the best ROM for the Rezound? This might be a stupid question, but I never really learned what a Kernel is and what overclocked and undervolted means. Doesnt the REzound come stock with a 1.2GHz processor? Are these all from apps you can get in the market? My Droid is rooted, but I didnt do it myself. A friend of mine did it. If I can get the Rezound battery to last for a good amount of time (ie.. more than 8 hours with no use.. lol) I think id go back and pick it up again.

MattHenson20

Reaction score
The root process for the rezound is pretty simple, its in the forums, and I use Antutu Cpu master from market, and its stock at 1.5, I actually turned it down, can't tell a bit of difference

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whats the BAMF Rom? Is that the best ROM for the Rezound? This might be a stupid question, but I never really learned what a Kernel is and what overclocked and undervolted means. Doesnt the REzound come stock with a 1.2GHz processor? Are these all from apps you can get in the market? My Droid is rooted, but I didnt do it myself. A friend of mine did it. If I can get the Rezound battery to last for a good amount of time (ie.. more than 8 hours with no use.. lol) I think id go back and pick it up again.

It would be harder to root than the droid but then again i dont think any phone is that easy anymore lol However i dont think its too difficult...btw there really isnt such a thing as "the best rom for so-and-so device" it all depends on what you want and each phone seems to run better/worse on different roms so you have to test out different ones and see for yourself. Minfree manager is on the market but i'd suggest using zepplinrox v6supercharger script found on xda forums, its for all devices so you can try it on your droid now, i can give you a link if you want (its very easy to use and more extensive than a regular minfree manager)...now as to what kernels are, they basically control the cpu (processor) and allow overclocking (running cpu at higher or lower speed) and undervolting (lowering the voltage sent to the cpu to help with battery life and are generally more optimized than what comes stock). You usually have to use an app to overclock/undervolt like setcpu, you can even set profiles to further save battery (off screen min/max speed, on call min/max speed, min/max speed for different battery %s, etc)

it sounds complicated but its really not bad at all, the people here on the forums are always here to help with doing all of that :biggrin:

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I loved the phone.. I really did.. Perfect size and feel.. Does the extended battery increase the size of the phone or is it a normal size battery? If it does I wouldnt get it because I wouldnt want the phone any bigger than it already is. Did you change your performance settings and kill your battery first like I mentioned in my initial post? Or was it good right out of the box?

Yes. It IS bigger than the standard battery and, with the back, it's a little thicker but still very comfortable to hold. It WAS good right out of the box. No I didn't change any of the performance settings and, so far, I haven't tried totally draining it yet but I'll try it over the weekend.

MattHenson20

Reaction score
Agreed, read into it, any questions can be easily answered, I love this phone now that its rooted

jcardona1

Reaction score
I got about 12-14 hrs on the stock battery and 21 hrs the first time i used the extended battery. Works for me!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I'm using my Rezound about the same as I used my Droid2. Put the Battery Circle widget on both phones. I have a higher percentage of battery life left on the Rezound (40% to 60%) at the end of the day than I ever did with my Droid2 (20% to 40%). I never conditioned the battery on either phone (letting it go dead, then fully recharging it). I just charge it overnight, every night, no matter how much % is left in the evening.

esheesle

Reaction score
Battery is great here. I actually disable 4g unless i plan to specifically use it for more than just email/maps/quick surfing. Any extended surfing i'll enable the 4g. I am at 50%+ everyday with moderate use(15 texts, 1-2hours talk, 1-2 hours web/email/playing). That's starting the day at 6am and ending at 11pm.

It is actually on par with my og droid's lifespan. No extended battery here.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Thanks all.. I hope I dont have battery issues. I think I returned the phone too soon, which sucks because I had to pay the restocking fee!

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Battery is great here. I actually disable 4g unless i plan to specifically use it for more than just email/maps/quick surfing. Any extended surfing i'll enable the 4g. I am at 50%+ everyday with moderate use(15 texts, 1-2hours talk, 1-2 hours web/email/playing). That's starting the day at 6am and ending at 11pm.

It is actually on par with my og droid's lifespan. No extended battery here.

I didnt know you could toggle back and forth from 4g to 3g.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I merged the other thread from the Rezound forum. Please do not create duplicate message threads in multiple areas on DF.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Anyone experience any issues with bad battery life on the Rezound? General consensus seems to be no. I'm gonna make a decision today or tomorrow and order it from VZW.com. its 249 there and 299 in the store

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience any issues with bad battery life on the Rezound? General consensus seems to be no. I'm gonna make a decision today or tomorrow and order it from VZW.com. its 249 there and 299 in the store

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

i'd always suggest the extended battery too...standard is only 1620 mAh but the extended is 2750 mAh

Reaction score
To dolpn13. If you get the rezound, I will give you an extra battery. I got in on the 3battery&charger deal from slickdeals. Ordered for my bolt& now I have rezound, don't think you will have any issues with rezound. Pm me & let me know.

detroit1

Reaction score
I know the Thunderbolt and Rezound can use the same battery. I am trying to find out about other HTC model batteries that will work in the Rezound
has anyone tried the batteries from the EVO 4G, Vivid 2, Incredible 1, etc on the Rezound?