GOODBYE Thunderbolt - After 1 week of constant battery drainage, i gave up

jboucheb

Reaction score
yep, it's true...I couldn't take it anymore. I just returned it this afternoon...$35 lesson.

The whole notion of having a charger attached to you all the time didn't work for me. i was even scared every time I went out for the night that the battery might not last.

Everyone says: turn off background data, don't use live wallpaper, get rid of widgets, turn the brightness all the way down. WTH!??! Then why even have a smart phone?

The phone is very beautiful and the 4G service is fast, and although I really wanted to keep it a long time, I just couldn't get it to work for me. Somebody said they are going to push out an update, but it will probably come out after the 14 day return period is up.

I wonder who else is in the same boat as me and has returned the TB. Please post below.

UCGoody1

Reaction score
My battery after 4 days now lasts decently well.

Full charge as of 2:22 AM, it is now about 4:00 PM and I'm at 32%. Granted 5 of those hours were me sleeping, woke up at 7:25AM with 84% battery. (I'll admit, I think it's a little sub-par that it uses 16% of battery while doing nothing...)

At this rate I could most likely make it until I go to bed without plugging it in. I wouldn't be able to wake up in the morning and still have juice like I would on my BlackBerry, but then again I still charged my BlackBerry every night 90% of the time.

want a droid

Reaction score
I'm hoping for some sort of update to be pushed towards our devices. My phone can do just fine on my home WiFi, but once I'm off spring break it's going to be tough. My college's WiFi is horrible so I'm going to be stuck on 4G.

With WiFi my phone can last >12 hours with light-moderate use.
With 4G my phone can last ~5 hours with light-moderate use.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for some sort of update to be pushed towards our devices. My phone can do just fine on my home WiFi, but once I'm off spring break it's going to be tough. My college's WiFi is horrible so I'm going to be stuck on 4G.

Have you looked to see if you can purchase an additional battery and perhaps a wall charger? I don't know if they had them for TB but it's worth searching for.

want a droid

Reaction score

Have you looked to see if you can purchase an additional battery and perhaps a wall charger? I don't know if they had them for TB but it's worth searching for.
I'm playing the waiting game. Waiting for either:

1. an update from HTC
2. someone to make a 1700-1900mAh battery that will fit under current cover or with a slight bigger cover (nothing like the 2750)
3. the Qi-Compatible charging pad with wireless cover

yamaha83

Reaction score
did you ever try turing off 4g when you didnt need it?

yamaha83

Reaction score
did you ever try turing off 4g when you didnt need it?

Yea turn the phone into the droid incredible to save some batt powah!dancedroid

it would be the same thing as turning off wifi when your not using it. or the GPS. or the blue tooth... you dont leave all the lights in your house on when you are not there just so you dont feel like you are in the old days do you?

want a droid

Reaction score
Leaving GPS enabled does nothing. GPS is only used when an application is open that requires it.

meepstone

Reaction score
My thunderbolt was lasting like 16 hours on moderate use. With the screen taking up most of the battery. I should mention I dont currently have 4G in my area.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Leaving GPS enabled does nothing. GPS is only used when an application is open that requires it.

This. Leaving bluetooth and gps on when nothing is using them does nothing to your battery. The Tbolt just has horrible battery life

want a droid

Reaction score

Unless you have apps that sync in the background that use gps (weatherbug, etc.)...

Sent from my ADR6400L
In this case you will see the GPS icon on the status bar. And most apps running in the background don't require GPS to constantly run.

For example, my Clock/Weather widget that updates once every 2 hours only takes a few seconds to update.