HELP - Droid X freezes up constantly after flying

tia

Reaction score
I fly for a living and every time I turn on my phone (I don't leave it in airplane mode in-flight, I do turn it off) when I get on the ground it freezes (sometimes I don't turn it on until I get to our hotel, which can be up to a 15 min drive), or the windows start splitting up and it takes forever to move after I take an action, ie slide my screen to the next screen.

Sometimes, I'm able to use it right away, such as make a call, or play my music, and then within a couple of minutes it will freeze and hang up on someone or it may seem as if I've muted them and they can't hear me, and I can't even un-mute or hang up the phone to call back because the screen freezes. They try to call me and get my voice mail, and I don't hear a ring, or sometimes I have, but when I hit the answer button it's frozen. One time it took 3 hours for it to return to normal, and by that time I have to be in bed to get enough sleep for an early flight.

I have taken the battery out several times, reboot and it continues to do the same thing. I've even kept it on the charger as I'm trying to use it, or reboot it, but to no avail. Usually it takes 1 to 1 1/2 hours for it to begin to act appropriately.

FYI - THIS IS MY THIRD DROID X THAT HAS HAD THESE PROBLEMS! The first one lasted less than 4 days. They sent a new one, believe it or not. That lasted (as normal) for less than a month. Then they sent me a refurbished (although I paid full price, but now getting one someone else used) and this has lasted almost a month FREEZE FREE but now I'm having problems again.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS???????? VERIZON DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE. IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?????????

I hope to hear some good news from one of you out there! :)
Tia

radioz

Reaction score
Are you flying between different cities/countries? Is your GPS enabled?

If so, try leaving your GPS turned off.

OP
T

tia

Reaction score
Thank you, I'll try that! :)