HTC Thunderbolt stock/rezound Battery issues

asevenx

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and it's due to the issues I'm having with my TB's (non-rooted) battery life. Here's a little back story of my issue. For approximately 6 months, the battery life was sufficient for my daily use. I had to charge it every night but that wasn't a problem. After the 6 months, I found that I had to charge it quite more often than usual but I didn't care. Afterwards, my phone wouldn't charge 100% & I had to carry my wall charger all the time on my campus because the battery would just be drained constantly. It wouldn't even charge past 40%! After a few months playing this ridiculous game with my battery, just yesterday (after a year of purchase) I finally bought a new battery, the HTC Rezound stock battery. I only need it to last another 6 months before I can get a new phone.

Here's the issue. Even after getting the Rezound battery, my phone still can't charge 100% (gets to 61% with phone turned off but after turning on, it won't charge up) and it still drains my battery immediately! I don't know what to do anymore. I cut my brightness to approximately 20%, turned off auto-sync, got rid of unnecessary apps, & I'm lost! If the battery isn't an issue, it's the phone, but I don't know what's wrong with the phone. Please help.

pookie

Reaction score
I would bring it to a "good" Verizon store and let them look at it. My gf has the T bolt with the extended battery. The old battery wasn't lasting a day. I heard about putting in the rezound battery. We went to our local Verizon store which has been great to us. The guy pulled a new extended rezound battery off the shelf and put it in the t bolt and powered it up. Worked like a charm. Asked him how much, he said they're on sale, $25!!!! Sold! Sales rep also went thru the phone for her and showed her how to clear up memory. Phone now gets well over a day on a charge. This store has been great to us but certain reps we have learned to avoid.

OP
A

asevenx

Reaction score
I actually went to the Verizon I always go to and they weren't able to figure it. Since my phone was out of warranty, there wasn't much they can do. But the guy was very nice and understanding that he gave me a new TB under warranty.

Dolfan

Reaction score
What things did they do to the tbolt to increase battery life...I have the rezound battery also....but with any use at all...at best I get maybe 8 hours ...any help on what the Verizon rep might have donto improve the battery life would help