GOODBYE Thunderbolt - After 1 week of constant battery drainage, i gave up

kparks

Reaction score
P
meh. 250 is 250.
Going to be different for everyone.
For some, that's a pair of shoes.
For some, that's 2 nights out to dinner with the family.
For others, its a golf club.
For others, it may not even be enough for a new purse.

I think people would rather have the Thunderbolt than be able to pay one utility bill one time.

What?!?! I paid less than $200 for an entire set of golf clubs...and a bag. What kind of clubs are you guys using? And what are you using those clubs for? No one has ever beat me in a game of golf. Dayum!

Nate ;)

sorry for this off topic post but I just gotta point out that $250 for a golf club is not really that much. My current setup is worth over $2000 in fact, the shafts in my driver and 3wood alone are worth $300+ a piece...my irons ran me $1200...

I like my golf equipment like I like my phones, the latest and greatest and top of the line...

Again, sorry for the off topic post, golf is just a passion of mine.

Sent from my ADR6400L
whats your handicap?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
P
What?!?! I paid less than $200 for an entire set of golf clubs...and a bag. What kind of clubs are you guys using? And what are you using those clubs for? No one has ever beat me in a game of golf. Dayum!

Nate ;)

sorry for this off topic post but I just gotta point out that $250 for a golf club is not really that much. My current setup is worth over $2000 in fact, the shafts in my driver and 3wood alone are worth $300+ a piece...my irons ran me $1200...

I like my golf equipment like I like my phones, the latest and greatest and top of the line...

Again, sorry for the off topic post, golf is just a passion of mine.

Sent from my ADR6400L
whats your handicap?

Technically I don't have one. I'm a pga certified golf professional. But I keep one anyway...currently at a +2.7

Sent from my ADR6400L

Last edited:

atlrus

Reaction score
LOL, It's like talking to 5-year-olds on Riddlin in this forum :)
But who am I to judge?

My first attempt at getting into golf, I bought the $200 bag-o-clubs special at the sporting store. Went to the driving range with the driver - the first time I missed the ball and hit the ground - the head of the club broke off and flew somewhere. Lesson learned!

Reaction score
I think I am going to Root my TBolt and try removing some bloatware to see if there is a difference in battery life. Others have said theirs improved by 5+ hours!

wingdo

Reaction score
I think I am going to Root my TBolt and try removing some bloatware to see if there is a difference in battery life. Others have said theirs improved by 5+ hours!

Improved *by* over 5 hours (i.e. now getting 10 hours) or improved *to* 5+ hours? Just making sure I am reading this right.

Reaction score

Improved *by* over 5 hours (i.e. now getting 10 hours) or improved *to* 5+ hours? Just making sure I am reading this right.

As in: They got 8 hours before root, now after root and bloatware removal, they have 13 hours.

wingdo

Reaction score
Sweet. Well I guess a-rooting I will go. Need to at some point anyway, might as well bite the bullet now.

UNC

Reaction score
You guys must just use your phone too much. Mine was taken off the charger today at 7am..its now 1pm and battery still shows 75%. as long as I charge mine at night when sleeping I am golden

Exactly why I returned it!!

I just use my phone too much.

Wow, lol, that's why I bought it! The life we get out of 1400mah is what we all should have expected. Should htc have put a larger capacity battery in the first place? Of course, probably 2000 mah would have been the sweet spot. But I never expected more out of this powerhouse than it gives. I mean my D1 had a bigger battery, and I could kill it before I left work on a medium-heavy usage day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

So you bought the phone because when you use it a lot it dies??? I fail to see that reasoning.

I am 99% certain the droid has a 1300mAH battery, but mine lasts easily 3x longer than my TB did. That's with above-heavy use.... (since I apparently use my phone far more than anyone else)

I'll run my droid dead and screencap the battery usage... it'll be sometime tomorrow though, because the Droid lasts that long.

CM7 nightly build #29
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

funkyb

Reaction score

Even with 4G on all day and not closing any of my apps I get more than 5 hours stock... I'm running a test by using 3G today isntead of 4G, and have been surfing forms, email, web, placing calls and sms. Phone was unplugged at 7:15 AM, it is now 3:00 PM and I'm at 60%.

Reaction score
So you bought the phone because when you use it a lot it dies??? I fail to see that reasoning.

I am 99% certain the droid has a 1300mAH battery, but mine lasts easily 3x longer than my TB did. That's with above-heavy use.... (since I apparently use my phone far more than anyone else)

I'll run my droid dead and screencap the battery usage... it'll be sometime tomorrow though, because the Droid lasts that long.

Can you people please stop comparing any other phone to the Thunderbolt? There is no other phone out there with a 4"+ screen running on a 2nd gen snapdragon processor on the LTE network. Let's wait and get some more comperable comparison devices out there before we can have any urination matches.

Stepping down... :soapbox:

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Exactly why I returned it!!

I just use my phone too much.

Wow, lol, that's why I bought it! The life we get out of 1400mah is what we all should have expected. Should htc have put a larger capacity battery in the first place? Of course, probably 2000 mah would have been the sweet spot. But I never expected more out of this powerhouse than it gives. I mean my D1 had a bigger battery, and I could kill it before I left work on a medium-heavy usage day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

CM7 nightly build #29
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I thought you said you returned it because you use it too much. Perhaps i misunderstood your wording.
I meant i bought this phone because i use it so much. Any thing i buy with big screens and high performance i expect to die quickly, battery technology sucks. My laptop with dedicated graphics is a gaming beast, but even with its 9 cell batt i don't see any more than 1.5 hours when taxing it.

The D1 batt is rated 1390mah minimum, 1420mah typical.