Goodbye Droid 3, Goodbye Android, heading to simpler pastures...

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Well after much struggle, I got an iPhone 4. My d3 was terrible. Worst phone I ever owned. Motorolla did not make a good phone with the d3, it has turned me off from them entirely.

Verizon agreed to give me a iphone 4, cost free.

I'll miss android terribly. Google music especially! sighh....

:frown: bye all....

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry you didn't enjoy it, its my favorite yet!

Have fun with your new toy!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well enjoy your new phone i hope it works out for ya..

OP
apotheosis415

apotheosis415

Reaction score
I know. It was sad. But the only android option they'd give me is a dx2. its an ok phone, no front facing cam, no real chance of ICS I'm guessing. They couldn't upgrade me to a 4g phone.

I told him I really wanted a Nexus but there was no way. They were not able to do it.

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
I know. It was sad. But the only android option they'd give me is a dx2. its an ok phone, no front facing cam, no real chance of ICS I'm guessing. They couldn't upgrade me to a 4g phone.

I told him I really wanted a Nexus but there was no way. They were not able to do it.

They gave you an iphone for free but would not give you a Nexus?

Odd...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
apotheosis415

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Right?!?!? I was shocked. I said **** it. Ill take it. Its a long story. If you PM me I can tell you the whole thing. It was really back and forth.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would have to say that with the right rom and tweeks the d3 is probably the best phone I've had yet..I have enjoyed the OG,D2,DX(which I returned the next day, cause that phone is just...wow)..I could never do an iphone (and I base that off of playing with several of my friends and hearing their horror stories)..but as we know each phone is different and each persons preferances for phones are different..
so I hope your new phone treats you well and the d3 community is sad it looses another.. :(

nikecar

Reaction score
I had a Incredible 2. For months the camera lens had a burnt pixel so all my pics had a spot on it that looked like a burn mark. Wasn't a scratch or dust.

So finally, under a month to go before the warranty expired I took it in and they confirmed but wanted to give me a Stratosphere saying it was comparable. I said I'd research and get back to them.

After looking at the two of them, I told them that I didn't want the Stratosphere and I wanted the Rezound instead and I prceeded to lay out my arguments. The rep I deal with submitted it up to her supervisors and it got approved. free. no cost other than renewing for 2 yrs. So they basically did an early upgrade with more than a yr on my contract. Now I'm happy because I got in with a 4G phone before the ShaftUs plan took effect.

I would probably consider selling the iPhone if it was me.

But in case anyone wonders, my arguments were that
1) I don't want a slider keyboard. concerned about breaking
2) Stratosphere had less RAM than the Inc2 and the Rez was closest
3) No ICS planned for the Strat, so I'd be with an old OS.
4) and there were a few minor points.