droid 3 ftw!

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I bought mine at full pop 459 on line today. The Verizon store it was 600 . Will get it tomorrow. My upgrade is july of 2012. I might of been able to try and get an early upgrade but im ok with what I paid. Now I have an upgrade next year that I can still use and I will.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I was at my Verizon corporate store yesterday ant the full price was 459, not 600. Are you sure you were at a corporate store and not a 3rd party store?

Reaction score
It was a verizon store. Unless it was third party store and I didn't know. Would there be difference in a verizon store compared to a corporate store. No I did just call them and it took them a few minutes to give me that price. I knew I should of called another store. But its all good I've got my phone now and its fantastic

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

hitdog042

Reaction score
I went from an Env3 to a Droid 3...so its my first smart phone..and I'm completely blown away by it. I absolutely love it and wish I would have gotten a smart phone earlier. I was going to get an iphone 4.. but now that I got the D3 I'm so glad I decided to go with android. So much you can do with this phone! If you like physical keyboards this phone is the one to have at the moment!
I have the envy3 as well (started with the 2 a few years ago) and I'm thinking about getting this phone as well. I need a keyboard and this one seems to be the best to go with. I've never had a smart phone before so this will be my first as well. It's encouraging when I read posts like this. :)

Let me put it this way...I got my droid 3 3 weeks ago and I haven't put it down since..heck my girlfriend has gotten mad because I was paying more attention to it and not her haha..I especially love it because it takes great pictures and videos , it plays all my music and there are numerous music players to pick from , I can listen to pandora or slacker radio anywhere , I can search the web , check my emails everywhere, news,weather,movie times, get directions, etc , you customize so much on the phone and make it your own especially if you use a different launcher , lastly I text alot and this phone is a texting machine..the keyboard is the best in the market right now and unlike the env3 the phone can hold hundreds and hundreds of messages. :) AND im still finding new things this phone can do via apps.

I highly suggest you move to smartphone if the things I mentioned above interest you. You wont regret it and its definatly worth the money. If you barely text or use your phone and don't care about email , internet , etc then stay with the env3 otherwise get with the times :)) hope that helps!

How in the world do you get great pictures? Sent mine back. Blue and blurry pics. Even outside.

Inside? Forget it. And that's where most impromptu pics take place.

I can see a smartphone newbie loving it. But man I had the incredible and iPhone and the camera on both is 200x better.

Other than that I liked it but having a useless camera was a deal breaker.

Reaction score
The blue tint that the pics have will get fix with an update. Its an easy fix. To me I look at the phone as a whole. So the pics look a little blue that's ok they look better then my old phone the droid x. Im sure that a update will be out in a month or two. Besides you own an android phone so use a different camera app. Camera 360 works great no blue tint.

Last edited:

eds24

Reaction score
The camera is great.. the camera software..not so great..

I installed Camera 360 and that took care of the problems.. some pictures I have taken with it inside..
Good enough pictures for me from a phone : )

C360_2011-07-2118-59-10.jpg

C360_2011-07-2119-01-41.jpg

C360_2011-07-2719-03-02.jpg

C360_2011-07-2719-14-08_org.jpg

Last edited:

hitdog042

Reaction score
The camera is great.. the camera software..not so great..

I installed Camera 360 and that took care of the problems.. some pictures I have taken with it inside..
Good enough pictures for me from a phone : )

C360_2011-07-2118-59-10.jpg

C360_2011-07-2119-01-41.jpg

C360_2011-07-2719-03-02.jpg

C360_2011-07-2719-14-08_org.jpg

Well don't I feel like a dumb a$$. I was on iPhone 4 so long I forgot about 3rd part camera apps.

JPT

Reaction score
I went from an Env3 to a Droid 3...so its my first smart phone..and I'm completely blown away by it. I absolutely love it and wish I would have gotten a smart phone earlier. I was going to get an iphone 4.. but now that I got the D3 I'm so glad I decided to go with android. So much you can do with this phone! If you like physical keyboards this phone is the one to have at the moment!
I have the envy3 as well (started with the 2 a few years ago) and I'm thinking about getting this phone as well. I need a keyboard and this one seems to be the best to go with. I've never had a smart phone before so this will be my first as well. It's encouraging when I read posts like this. :)

Let me put it this way...I got my droid 3 3 weeks ago and I haven't put it down since..heck my girlfriend has gotten mad because I was paying more attention to it and not her haha..I especially love it because it takes great pictures and videos , it plays all my music and there are numerous music players to pick from , I can listen to pandora or slacker radio anywhere , I can search the web , check my emails everywhere, news,weather,movie times, get directions, etc , you customize so much on the phone and make it your own especially if you use a different launcher , lastly I text alot and this phone is a texting machine..the keyboard is the best in the market right now and unlike the env3 the phone can hold hundreds and hundreds of messages. :) AND im still finding new things this phone can do via apps.

I highly suggest you move to smartphone if the things I mentioned above interest you. You wont regret it and its definatly worth the money. If you barely text or use your phone and don't care about email , internet , etc then stay with the env3 otherwise get with the times :)) hope that helps!

I text quite a bit. Actually, I'd consider the amount I text a LOT for a 44 year old. :laugh: Also, I've been a mac user all my computing years, and if the iPhone had a qwerty keyboard, I'd probably get that instead. So, the keyboard is the primary reason I'm thinking about the droid 3. Plus, my gf has the droidX and she loves it (it's attached to her hand nearly every waking moment...so I know what you're talking about. haha). A friend of mine has a droid with the keyboard as well (not the 3), and he loves it...so I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the 3 is the way to go for me. Yes, I want all those things you mentioned. I just wish it was 4G capable.

Thanks for the motivation. I have the money set aside to purchase one (new after 2), now it's just a matter of when...

:)

eds24

Reaction score
Yea I hear ya. Haha Well I do believe the keyboard is worth it. I seriously was considering getting an Iphone 4 too.. but like you..I just had to have the qwerty keyboard. But hey! actually I hate to sway you from the Droid 3..but to be fair.. have a look at this..BoxWave Keyboard Buddy iPhone case review -- Engadget Even with that I would still prefer the D3. That keyboard won't be as good as the D3's and it looks like it adds alot of bulk..in the end my girlfriend has an Iphone 4 and I've played around with it quiet abit and I'm very happy with my decision to go with the D3 and shes jealous haha

As far as the 4g goes... I was bummed about that too. The way I look at it though is that 4g technology is still newish..and has some bugs but it also kills battery life..I'm in a area which is fully covered by 4g.. but the qwerty keyboard and battery life are far more important to me. So...when battery technology catches up with 4g..and they are able to provide us with a decent battery life I'll definitely pick up the D4 or D5. But till then I'm very content with 3g. Also, consider how many places you will be using your phone that have free wifi. For me just about everywhere except my car and if I where to go on a bike ride or a run has wifi. Just something else to consider. I hope this all helps you out.

Last edited:

JPT

Reaction score
Yea I hear ya. Haha Well I do believe the keyboard is worth it. I seriously was considering getting an Iphone 4 too.. but like you..I just had to have the qwerty keyboard. But hey! actually I hate to sway you from the Droid 3..but to be fair.. have a look at this..BoxWave Keyboard Buddy iPhone case review -- Engadget Even with that I would still prefer the D3. My girlfriend has an Iphone 4 and I'm very happy with my decision and shes jealous haha

Thanks for the link...I was completely unaware of that option. It probably won't sway my decision though, plus with that keyboard the iPhone looks pretty fat.

Decent looking photos posted earlier. While it's nice to have the highest possible image quality with a phone camera, it's really not THAT important to me. I'm a photographer and have a "real" camera for taking pictures that are worth it to me when it comes to the highest image quality possible. :) Plus, I'm sure the droid 3's camera blows away the envy3's camera (as evident with your pics).

Cubanito

Reaction score
Went too 3 Verizon stores yesterday in my area and all 3 were sold out of the D3. I tried the store model and I was really impressed. I went ahead and purchased one and I should have my new phone by maybe Monday but definitely by Tuesday. My last 3 phones have all been HTC but I really wanted a physical keyboard and just from the little time I had in the store I fell love with the D3 keyboard. Sure the Bionic and SGSII are right around the corner but I'm OK without 4G and not a big fan of Samsung phones.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

aramos87

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about those two phones, specifically the Bionic because I've been waiting for it since its announcement back in January. But now its delayed once again until September and there is a rumor of an even better device around the corner that's supposed to trump it already...Im very happy with the DROID 3 and definitely don't need 4G, my upgrade is in about 8 months by then im sure they'll have something that's 4g with a keyboard, that's not too big like the phones that are out now... 4" is the perfect size for a mobile screen.

Cubanito

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about those two phones, specifically the Bionic because I've been waiting for it since its announcement back in January. But now its delayed once again until September and there is a rumor of an even better device around the corner that's supposed to trump it already...Im very happy with the DROID 3 and definitely don't need 4G, my upgrade is in about 8 months by then im sure they'll have something that's 4g with a keyboard, that's not too big like the phones that are out now... 4" is the perfect size for a mobile screen.

Yeah I also got frustrated with all the Bionic delays I really thought that was going to be my next phone but the D3 really impressed me. 4" screen size I feel is the perfect size for a phone. My full update was not until Dec but I qualified for a annual update and got the phone for 194.00 now the worse part is having to wait for the phone.

JPT

Reaction score
Went too 3 Verizon stores yesterday in my area and all 3 were sold out of the D3. I tried the store model and I was really impressed. I went ahead and purchased one and I should have my new phone by maybe Monday but definitely by Tuesday.
I only went to one store, but I figured they'd all be sold out anyway in my area. I ended up purchasing the phone and was told it should be arriving by Wednesday. This will be my first smart phone. I'm really looking forward to it. :icon_ banana: I can't wait to ditch this crappy Envy3.

rugby1

Reaction score
Got to chime in on this phone. It rocks! Coming into the droid world on a D3 has been great. Not a big apple fan...but I am teasing my 11 year old son that this is the iphone killer. The battery life is getting better by the day. Best technology I ever bought.!

Last edited:

Cubanito

Reaction score
Got to chime in on this phone. It rocks! Coming into the droid world on a D3 has been great. Not a big apple fan...but I am teasing my 11 year old son that this is the iphone killer. The battery life is getting better by the day. Best technology I ever bought.!

I picked up my my Droid 3 today and I totally agree this phone rocks. Keyboard is simply pure awesomeness, phone is very snappy. Overall I am extremely happy that I picked up this phone. By the time I am up for new upgrade I am sure the 4G phones will be amazing. I am hoping moto makes a Droid 4 or 5 with LTE and keyboard.