Droid 3 vs. Thunderbolt... my perspective

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by camack7827, Jul 26, 2011.

1. militant

militant Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To the people/poster who was complaining about his battery on his D3 and went back to his thunderbolt. You're doing it wrong. I get well over a day on my D3 with light use, easily 16-18 hours with moderate. In fact you can check a screen shot I posted in the battery life thread, of my phone at 40% with 1d6h off the charger. It's all about how you manage your phone. You probably had some bad apps or tried restoring them from your google account which is causing all kinds of problems. The phone, hardware wise, is obviously fine if other users are reporting good/great battery life. The hardware is the same from phone to phone. So what's different? The settings and the user installed software. Sounds like the problem was on your end buddy, sorry you couldn't handle this awesome device and downgraded to a thunderbolt.

2. kdw11005

kdw11005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love that you posted this! I have had droids since the first one came out! I had a eris for about 3 days, D1, Dx, tb & am waiting for my d3 in the mail. Like everyone with the tb I experienced the rebooting & the little annoyances, its an ok phone but just not for me personally. I hate the battery life & I dont have 4g in my area but do travel to places with it. I realized pretty quick I was more of a Motorola kinda girl so I'm really excited to get my d3!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

3. AZDroid09

AZDroid09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My son dropped his original Droid and shattered the screen in early June, he upgraded to the Thunderbolt, he likes it, we have 4g in our area but it is a major battery killer so he almost never uses it. The random reboots are better since the update, but not completely gone. He didn't want the physical keyboard and is happy with the slimmer phone.

I was also going crazy with my OG Droid, the lag was insane. I kept loading different ROMs and kernels but there was always something not working right. I was really tempted to wait for the Bionic, I never used the physical keyboard on my old Droid so I wasn't really wanting the Droid 3 either. I made countless trips to the VZW store to play with the newer phones and all had issues or lacked a feature, like no LED notifications on the Charge.

When I took a trip to play with the D3 the day after it came out in stores I really did not have high hopes, but was surprisingly impressed and bought 1 that day. I have no regrets about my purchase, I have only had 1 random reboot in 2 weeks, and the camera has well established issues, but overall I'm glad I didn't wait for the Bionic. This phone is fast and reliable. At this point, LTE is a nice option to have, but not something I would need to use often so the lack of 4G is not a disappointment.

4. benstange

benstange New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hadn't even considered the Incredible 2. Thanks I will look into it for sure!

5. greenstuffs

greenstuffs New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually call quality in the bolt is pretty horrible, well terribad compared to an iphone 4 or a moto handset that is my own opinion, but i think HTC has the worst speakers in the smartphone market.

6. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    battery is hit or miss it seems. some people say that their battery drains in a couple hours by 20% or so. Most nights, I don't even feel the need to plug my phone in while I sleep (I usually keep it plugged in at work, I spend a lot of time in a vehicle.) and I generally don't plug it back in until I'm back at work, and then its only at, say, 70-80%. So, thats 16ish hours of light/moderate use with the battery nearly full.

When I wake up, the battery icon isn't even down the first notch. Sometimes I don't even plug it in at work, and then I'll be at 20+ hours off charger with plenty of life left. My battery experience with the D3 has so far been fantastic.

[​IMG]

7. Budman17r

Budman17r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After I turned off Global Roaming under mobile networks (and then cancelled/do not remind me to turn it back on) I had a random reboot. Since then However I'd say my battery life has improved at least 25-50%.

For example 90% charge yesterday, I played 2 hours of Plants vs zombies, browsed facebook for about 40ish minutes combined, downloaded zombie booth, etc, (I got a new toy i'm playing with it.) Prolly 3-4 hours of moderate to heavy use, It only went down to 40ish%.

8. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    You must have had a bad one. Call quality on my Thunderbolt blows away any Moto I've had, including the Droid 3.

9. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    I wouldn't say blows away.. but yes, using my brothers phone the tb has better call quality. But the droid 3s isn't bad still. Luckily if it was, Im more of a texter unless talking to my girlfriend or people just calling about something quick.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

10. rushmore

rushmore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Both the TB and the all Moto devices have clear call quality, so not sure about the margin better that you imply.

11. hisself

hisself Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can the D3 be rooted?

12. camack7827

camack7827 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There must be some major variance within manufacturers then. I'd read about poor call quality on the T-Bolt before I got mine, and was dissappointed with the hissing and REDICULOUSLY low volume on bluetooth devices. That said, I have been blown away by the call quality on both my D1 and D3 on the handset itself as well as through bluetooth.

Search tags for this page

droid 3 vs thunderbolt

droid 3 vs thunderbolt battery
htc thunderbolt vs droid 3
htc thunderbolt vs motoroi 3
thunderbolt versus droid 3
whats better droid 3 or htc thunderbolt
which phone is better thunderbolt or droid 2