HTC Thunderbolt Vs Droid Bionic

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
I'm itching to get a new phone and i just saw that Walmart has the Thunderbolt for 69.99 with an Upgrade. I've been waiting on the Bionic but i have to ask. How much faster is the bionic going to be compared to the T bolt? Is it worth the extra money over the T bolt with the extended battery and cover for 119.98?

Tillmorn

Reaction score
In the strictest sense, the Tbolt does not compare. While it may be rooted and whatnot...you have to remember that the Tbolt's spec sheet was already considered old technology when it came out. And while quad-cores are around the corner, currently dual-cores are the top of the technology pyramid seen in phones. So yeah, the Bionic will perform faster. Perhaps they will have around the same load time for web pages given that they're both LTE devices. My biggest reason for holding out for the Bionic is the battery in truth. People are reporting that it has good battery life, and I'd rather not run around with an extended battery bulking up my phone just so I can get through a nine hour day on campus. My caution would be this: getting the Tbolt this late in the game may leave you itching for a new device within a month or 3. Whereas the Bionic will tide you over for a while, even though devices such as the Vigor and Prime are rumored to be coming out starting as early as October (and the specs people are claiming are a hair ahead of the Bionic's).

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd say that's pretty good battery life. Stock battery and overclocked to 1.4GHz ;)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1314550369614.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314550369614.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 632
  • uploadfromtaptalk1314550390683.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314550390683.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 566
OP
B

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
In the strictest sense, the Tbolt does not compare. While it may be rooted and whatnot...you have to remember that the Tbolt's spec sheet was already considered old technology when it came out. And while quad-cores are around the corner, currently dual-cores are the top of the technology pyramid seen in phones. So yeah, the Bionic will perform faster. Perhaps they will have around the same load time for web pages given that they're both LTE devices. My biggest reason for holding out for the Bionic is the battery in truth. People are reporting that it has good battery life, and I'd rather not run around with an extended battery bulking up my phone just so I can get through a nine hour day on campus. My caution would be this: getting the Tbolt this late in the game may leave you itching for a new device within a month or 3. Whereas the Bionic will tide you over for a while, even though devices such as the Vigor and Prime are rumored to be coming out starting as early as October (and the specs people are claiming are a hair ahead of the Bionic's).

True. Right now i'm running an original DX so a Tbolt or a bionic is a step up

I'd say that's pretty good battery life. Stock battery and overclocked to 1.4GHz ;)

What do you pull in Quadrant DD?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
True. Right now i'm running an original DX so a Tbolt or a bionic is a step up

What do you pull in Quadrant DD?

I don't use quadrant, I go by how smooth and responsive the phone is to me ;)

OP
B

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
My local store has the Tbolt so i think i'm going to go take a look at it. 119.99 is a lot easier to swallow then 299.99. Bionic load pages a second faster? Unless its a blazing difference i don't know if its worth the price difference especially for what i do.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Don't get a tb but don't get the bionic either. Wait for the vigor!

OP
B

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
Don't get a tb but don't get the bionic either. Wait for the vigor!

Thats the good part. I have 2 lines with 2 upgrades available. I'll use one for the Tbolt then one for the Bionic or Vigor depending on what specs look better and give the Tbolt to my Fiance. She's still rocking a Blackberry Storm so she won't care :icon_ devil:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't you get the TB on Amazon for 1cent?

Being serious, saw an article somewhere about it.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
My local store has the Tbolt so i think i'm going to go take a look at it. 119.99 is a lot easier to swallow then 299.99. Bionic load pages a second faster? Unless its a blazing difference i don't know if its worth the price difference especially for what i do.

Just think how the D1 struggles with the latest software and apps because of the limited memory and processing power. Apps are only going to get more advanced and require more resources. The Bionic will have the growing room needed to last for the next 2 years. A single core TB with less RAM will probably be struggling in a year or so like the D1's are now. If you're worried about spending a little extra on a phone you're not going to have to upgrade for at least a couple years, then why on Earth would you settle for a phone you'll HAVE to upgrade in one year? Honestly, if you take longevity into consideration, the Bionic is the better deal of the two.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would definitely agree that buying the TB because it's cheaper isn't exactly the smartest move, unless you literally cannot afford the Bionic obviously.

It's like I told my father when he asked me what TV he should buy, he said, well this 720P is $699, I said, if you're willing to spend $700, you might as well spend $900 and get 1080p.

In the end, you'll be saving money by not having to upgrade a lot sooner than normal and you'll enjoy a higher quality device.