Goodbye Bionic

OP
Losman

Losman

Reaction score
Interesting. Mine was somewhat stable, however after less than a month it completely died during a charge. The issues I kept facing was app removals, uncontrolled system shutdown, UI Lag, poor touch screen response while charging, SD card storage/app deletion. To get a certified as new device in these conditions really killed it for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Concistency

Reaction score
I really enjoy my bionic, I don't have the data issues that many experienced or what not. Its a great device, sorry about your experience. I mean yeah, I would rather have a gnex or a razr, but what can I say, you can never stay up to date with technology.

Sent from my BIONIC using Tapatalk

bluezeak

Reaction score
I've had mine for about a month - right before that December update. It crashed on me a couple times before that update buthas been very smooth for me since.I love it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

scarabshell

Reaction score
Lol. +1. He got downgraded and they made him happy about it. Lol

Sent from my ICED Bionic

he shouldve at least asked about a rezound if he was going for a htc. Knowing is half the battle, sorry man

samiusmc

Reaction score
he shouldve at least asked about a rezound if he was going for a htc. Knowing is half the battle, sorry man

The Rezound would have been a huge upgrade. I wonder if they would give him one if he offered to pay the $199.

Verro84

Reaction score
Haha they announced the Razr, the very weekend after I ordered my Bionic. Still love my phone, but damn I wish I'd have waited a few days. That AMOLED screen would have been awesome to have for the same price I paid.

I had 4 replacement bionics and verizon let me switch to the Razr after a week of having it i couldn't take it and went on craigslist and traded for a mint Bionic. Best choice i made hands down. Ur not really missing anything, screen is nice but that's about it

Tonik

Reaction score
Ur not really missing anything, screen is nice but that's about it

For me the Bionic's screen is better. I don't watch videos or movies on it...but I do end up standing on the side of the road on my motorcycle in the sun looking at google maps trying to figure out where the heck I am. For that I have seen nothing that beats the Bionics screen. Not giving you/anyone a hard time, just reinforcing the theme that what is good for me might not be good for the next guy.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what kind of issues you were having that you make you even think of calling the Bionic a "Piece of crap"...
I came from the DX and i freaking LOVE this phone. I have found though that most issues are caused by illiteracy. I'm sorry if this offends you but...
I have to agree with LegalAmerican and coldhardtruth, you got downgraded... and you actually LIKE it?
You basically got the shaft because you spent $200+ on an awesome phone and got downgraded to something they are already offering for free just so they can get rid of it.
I'm also curious as to how many issues you are having with your "Piece of crap" TB?
Anywho, just my 2 cents.
Bon Voyage and good riddance!

:icon_ banana:

B

bens42608

Lol. +1. He got downgraded and they made him happy about it. Lol

Sent from my ICED Bionic

These threads have gotten so old. What are you people doing to ur bionics? Mine is amazing. 4G with 1 gig dual core cpu 1 gig ram big beautiful screen + amazing extended battery plus ICS support and Motorola's quality. This is a top of the line phone. And if 4G is having a data outage, the TBolt isn't going to have 4G either. I could understand getting a defective device but if you've tried multiple ones as u say you have, instead of them all being bad phones, maybe the problem is not the phone? Maybe it is the person trying to use it. :/

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
These threads have gotten so old. What are you people doing to ur bionics? Mine is amazing. 4G with 1 gig dual core cpu 1 gig ram big beautiful screen + amazing extended battery plus ICS support and Motorola's quality. This is a top of the line phone. And if 4G is having a data outage, the TBolt isn't going to have 4G either. I could understand getting a defective device but if you've tried multiple ones as u say you have, instead of them all being bad phones, maybe the problem is not the phone? Maybe it is the person trying to use it. :/

A vast majority of Bionic users have a lot of issues. I wen't through 3 Bionics.

I got the Bionic knowing about the data drop issues, figured Motorola would be speedy on the updates. So I dealt with data drops for a while, and it seemed to be happening to me more often than others at the time, I sent it back to see if it would make a difference. It didn't. So I sucked it up waited for the OTA. OTA came out, and my phone would NOT install the update. Get halfway through, fail, reboot. So I sent it back. Got another one, this time the update installed, and after it did, I could not hear anyone on the other line! It sounded all muffed and what not. Got fed up and just asked for a different phone, thus sending me the HTC Rezound.

Keep in mind I had only rooted the Bionic. No unofficial updates or anything on either one of those Bionics. I am also a power user and rely on my phone to just work at all times for work and my other extra curricular activities. I agree, the phones hardware specs are second to none, but the software issues they were having were just unbearable, and nothing I could do in troubleshooting wise could fix anything. And the 4G issues are related to the network at times yes, but it was also a huge issue with the software on the phone itself. Some had it worse than others, depending on how strong and reliable the 4G is in your area. I live in a smaller 4G market, and I live right on the 3G/4G line, and going back and forth everyday to work and school, it was a daily issue for me to keep 4G on and sometimes even 3G struggled. It was by far the most annoying issue ever.

Also keep in mind that not everyone roots and ROM's and installs leaks, believe it or not, we are a relatively small portion of users. The end user should not have to root and install mods/ROMs just to get their phone to work the way it was intended to. It should work and work flawlessly right out of the box, just like the i*hone. But the Bionic failed to do just that for so many users.

Got my Rezound, no issues, and no issues going back between 4G/3G on a daily basis. This Rezound just works.

So before you criticize the user, look at what your situation is, and realize that its not the same for every user in every 4G market, and that everyone uses the phone differently, and that some users are also oblivious to some issues cause they just don't care or notice them, when in fact they are having issues and just think its normal.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So after a dissatisfied experience with the 2nd refurbished unit, (which died during a charge) I have had it with this device. I got the good fortune of being given a stable device. HTC Thunderbolt. I wish you all best of luck with this Piece of crap that IS FAR FROM being Bionic. Motorola SUCK dirt for making me waste so much money on such a poorly conceived and executed device.

Hope you do. The have any problems with the Tbolt but that post made me shudder. I had a Tbolt and will not touch one again. If yours works at the better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
They should have offered you the rezound instead of TB. Did they do an even exchange or gave you some credit cuz TB is now free

Verro84

Reaction score
For me the Bionic's screen is better. I don't watch videos or movies on it...but I do end up standing on the side of the road on my motorcycle in the sun looking at google maps trying to figure out where the heck I am. For that I have seen nothing that beats the Bionics screen. Not giving you/anyone a hard time, just reinforcing the theme that what is good for me might not be good for the next guy.

I agree like i said had the Razr couldn't stand it and stressed getting another Bionic i love this phone just wish there were more Dev's for it!

JRParsons

Reaction score
I've had a tbolt and Bionic within the last month. Maybe my Bionic was defective, but from reading about all the people having problems, I'm thinking there are quite a few defective devices out there.
There were things the Bionic was better at (sunlight) but when I picked up my phone to do something (look something up, send a text, check email etc.) The tbolt worked every time. (Granted, that was not always the case, the tbolt used to have issues) the Bionic worked some of the time. Which is not acceptable when I'm working. I'm sure Moto's going to fix the Bionic, but HTC already fixed the Tbolt.
I would rather have a Camaro that runs everytime I turn the key than a Corvette that makes me pop the hood and disconnect the battery to get it started. Maybe others feel different.

Just my experience with the two phones.