Day 5 with my Bionic

305rev305

Reaction score
In the past I have owned the Apple Iphone 4 with AT&T, jumped ship and hooked my wagon with Verizon using the Droid X and the Thunderbolt.

I liked the Iphone but the AT&T coverage in my local was not up to task, the Droid X was a nice unit but I had an opportunity to sell the X and buy a Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt had a nice camera and display but the cell reception really sucked!

My contract showed the option to upgrade and I did the reviews on the Bionic. I am not a cell phone tech nor a software engineer, just a everyday user. I am trying to find a reason to send this unit back and I really can't!

I must have a good unit built on a Tuesday. The camera is not the best in low level light conditions, but in day light it is on par with the Thunderbolt, the interface and browser works, the speaker is loud, I have the over sized battery and the device runs all day... AND THE MOST IMPORTANT..THE CELL RECEPTION AND CALL QUALITY IS THE BEST OF ANY DEVICE I HAVE OWNED! for myself the cellphone is employment priority the smartphone application is secondary.

I have 9 days left to decide to return the Bionic , I would like to see how the cell reception works on the Verizon Iphone 4, but for now this is a pretty slick device.:icon_ banana:

Hey, I have the thunderbolt and have horrible reception as well. in all 3g and 4g borders, the reception always lags... Like it takes several minutes for the phone to find its reception. can u tell me if this is what you experienced with your thunderbolt?

OP
M

mdanehart

Reaction score
gtofan350
Was your wifi enabled and connected while usb tethering?

The wifi is turned off on the Droid Bionic and off on the laptop and running Verizon 3G..

OP
M

mdanehart

Reaction score
Hey, I have the thunderbolt and have horrible reception as well. in all 3g and 4g borders, the reception always lags... Like it takes several minutes for the phone to find its reception. can u tell me if this is what you experienced with your thunderbolt?

Same issues. But the 'call quality' and in addition to the horrible cell reception was enough to move it down the pike. Keep in mind the Thunderbolt had some other great features, but I need a reliable cellphone and connection first..

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I just assume a phone built with today's technology will have good reception and call quality. Maybe I'm naive because I've never had a phone that's had call quality/reception that was bad except for a couple phones which just needed to be replaced.

OP
M

mdanehart

Reaction score
It is the 14th day with my Bionic, I must say I have no real complaints. All this gizmos will have some issues, not found a perfect smartphone as this is my 5th one.

My 14th day has now expired and the phone rest on my hip. :icon_ banana:

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Wow..i have had 0 problems with my Bionic and it gets tremendous battery life. I took it off the charger at 0500 this morning. That is 5:00 AM for those non military people. Anyway and i have used it all day work which is 12 hours. I have been texting, goggling listening to MP3's, downloading and using apps, web surfing, using widgets (i keep my widgets on refresh every 10 minutes or less), Facebooking, keep my weather updated, and other things. I am sitting at exactly 50% battery life right now. To be honest that is better battery life than my iPhone 4.

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
Wow..i have had 0 problems with my Bionic and it gets tremendous battery life. I took it off the charger at 0500 this morning. That is 5:00 AM for those non military people. Anyway and i have used it all day work which is 12 hours. I have been texting, goggling listening to MP3's, downloading and using apps, web surfing, using widgets (i keep my widgets on refresh every 10 minutes or less), Facebooking, keep my weather updated, and other things. I am sitting at exactly 50% battery life right now. To be honest that is better battery life than my iPhone 4.

I LOVE the That is 5:00 AM for those non military people. My hubby always does that to me!!! To cute!!! LOL

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Honestly, I've gone 2 full days without charging my iphone.

I go 2 full days on my Droid X all the time. Very rarely I will charge it in the evening on the same day. I usually have 70% after a full day then 15-20 after 2 days on my custom plan..