You guys cured me. No new Bionic here

billyk

Reaction score
"I had a stable Droid for nearly 2 years that I could count on, so it can be done"

And it has been done.
It's called the Bionic.

Loved my D1 for nearly 2 years too.
The Bionic is an entirely new, and better experience.

OP
R

rleonard

Reaction score
Thank you for all your comments. OK, I'll wait a bit and snag a new Bionic. Maybe after Christmas Verizon will offer some more incentives. $30 off does not get me very excited. Besides, no 4g in our area yet. Coming, but no date set.

Bob

akhi216

Reaction score
Thank you for all your comments. OK, I'll wait a bit and snag a new Bionic. Maybe after Christmas Verizon will offer some more incentives. $30 off does not get me very excited. Besides, no 4g in our area yet. Coming, but no date set.

Bob

I don't think that you'll regret the purchase...especially after the updates. Hell you'll fall in love with the phone when it gets ICS.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

haupman

Reaction score
I came from the OG Droid to the Bionic. I use my Bionic hardcore around 14 hours a day (it took my computers place). I have no problems and I couldn't be happier. Most of my use is through WiFi and I do have the occasional 4G dropouts.

If this new OTA update is anywhere as incredible as the people who have downloaded it say it is, this phone will be 100% incredible.

This will be the only 4G LTE Dual core phone with removable battery, removable SD storage, gorilla glass and traditional HDMI out. You can't beat all that.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The camera snap sound seems to be a legal requirement. And there will be updates.

I belong to a Prius forum (although I haven't been there for a while) and I remember threads made back in 2005 when they were a rare as hens teeth. One was "I just got a Prius and I hate it." Why? Because they saw the car on the lot and WITHOUT A TEST DRIVE bought it. It turned out they were too big to fit in the driver's seat and it caused them pain after 30 minutes. Me, I find the car a delight to drive and have no problems. Who's right? Both actually; the Prius wasn't right for them, but it was (and is) right for me. It's subjective.

Same with the Bionic. I have never regretted my purchase. Others may have problems, but I'm not.

Last edited:

dlcramer

Reaction score
I'd venture to say for every single complaint, there are 4 other people with no complaints that won't post anything... that's my estimate, but I'm sure the true statistic isn't too far off. You only ever hear about the problems.

I always say people happy with a service or product tell a friend or 2 and people not happy want to tell the world.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just FYI... the D1 wasn't what it is now when it was first released...it was quite a plain jane until the updates started coming...same with the ThunderBolts, it had a shietload of problems when it first came out and was the reason I didn't get one, but then it got a couple updates and I got it because it then became this beast of a 4G phone. I will alwys be fond of both my D1 and my TBolt, both turned into stellar phones in the end...

So now I expect that with my Bionic...once a couple of updates come I truly believe that this phone will knock the snot out of any others down the pipe, and surely any Apple ones...

Side note...cannot believe people waited in line for days for a 3G Iphone 4s...really?!?...they that brainwashed?????:blink:

Exactly. I remember reading about the dreaded, infamous mute issue the D1 was having. I still got the phone tho. Either I got a later batch or updates fixed it but I didnt have that problem and that problam was a problem for fewer n fewer ppl as the months went by. There will never be a phone that launches and be perfect. The closest I've seen recently for Android phones was the Galaxy S 2. Even the mighty GS2 needed a maintenance update weeks after it was released.

faust0230

Reaction score
Bionic = beast mode!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk