Can't Believe How Flawless my Bionic has Been

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
I have had mine almost since they came out. This is the first one I have not rooted. I left it stock and just got the updates as they were pushed out. I have only had to do a battery pull a few times since owning it and I wasn't forced to just did to see if an issue may or may not go away.

The phone has been great. There has been just a few times were it seemed sluggish and the battery does not typically last more than 12 hours but that is workable. It seems to do what most of the new phones do with out to much problem. My wife just traded her Droid X for an Iphone 5. The 5 is faster than the Bionic and has a more vibrant screen. But most of the newer phones have a more vibrant screen than the bionic. There are things the iphone will not do that she misses on her X.

I will be upgrading in June but not sure what I will get yet. Samsung, Motorola, or Iphone are tops on the list right now. Any thoughts?

geekabilly

Reaction score
My thought: wait. That's what I am doing -- JB on the Bionic is pretty sweet, as is the ability to change batteries. I have tried a Galaxy Nexus and OG Razr but neither has the 3G/4G signal drawing power of the Bionic in my area which is on the border of those 2 services.

I'm waiting to see what the next generation of Googarola phone has to offer, X phone or whatever it's called.

OP
Paul_Aris

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
The Samsung S4 has some pretty impressive specs. But I have heard their cell radio is not as strong and motorola's.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Wife has the iPhone 4, daughter has the iPhone 4s, I don't care for the way that either of them function. I've had the Bionic since release day and like the OP, haven't had a problem with it. As a matter of fact, from the OG Droid, through the DX, to the Bionic - I've only owned one of each. Haven't rooted any of them and haven't had any issues. I use Go Launcher off and on to switch up themes, and simply want a device that, out of the box, will function as I'd like it to. I'm moving to the Galaxy S4 because right now, Samsung is pushing the envelope of form and function. Sure, a lot of what's added is gimmickry, but one man's gimmick is another man's pleasure. I know that I'll ignore many of the 'special lifestyle' touches, same as I ignore bloatware. As for styling, I always use a silicone gel cover so my devices continue to look showroom new, so that's not a deal breaker for me.

Will Googlerola lure me back down the road? Only time will tell.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The Samsung S4 has some pretty impressive specs. But I have heard their cell radio is not as strong and motorola's.

From using a few S3s and Note 2s here in the St. Louis area, their radios function just as well as Motorola's. This is on Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile ...... so, pick your poison. Your mileage, of course, may vary.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I will be upgrading in June but not sure what I will get yet. Samsung, Motorola, or Iphone are tops on the list right now. Any thoughts?
Why would you even consider iPhone? Apple is years behind android technology and lacks multitude of features:

Water resistance
Durability
Screen estate
Battery size and replacement
Widgets
Ir capabilities
3d panorama and gallery
Expandable storage
Google integration

My 2 year old galaxy nexus has more features then last year's iPhone 5.

OP
Paul_Aris

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
The iPhone 5 is high on the list because of a few reasons. I am a Mac user and like the idea of the icloud and keeping all my stuff synced. I like their email program and the safari browser. The design of the case just feels and looks of quality compared to anyone else. The specs are a little behind but I can assure the phone is super fast. Plus they just plain work. No freezes or glitches. My wife has one and apps and internet open instantly. On youtube I've seen speed test and they run just about as fast as the latest and greatest Note 2. The iPhone is very comfortable in your hand and easy to use one handed. The only thing holding me back is the UI and lack of customization of widgets.

More than likely I will be staying with android and switching brands to samsung.

Last edited:

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
My wife's sister has the iPhone 5 here in the house and I'm just constantly making her sick with the things my bionic can do even though it's almost 2 years old... She used to brag about having the "latest technology" in her pocket... Now she just rolls her eyes every time she see's me getting a new update or whatever

The latest was... Having my bionic plugged into the HDMI dock streaming YouTube videos to the 40" flat screen in 1080p HD over 4G and sitting across the room with the remote controller navigating all the screens... No lag... No buffering... No difficult setup.... Just perfect:icon_ lala:

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Amazon sale.
Dock station, and car dock < 10 bucks each. Hooked up with my Bionic lap dock, during that 50 buck sale.
Why upgrade in September? Lovin' my jelly bean.
Oh, 50 buck,CPO bionic that I got wet and still screams. Now if I only had the guts to root. Love this phone.