switch to .905?

JeanetteIBCLC

Reaction score
Hello all!

Been browsing the forums - what amazing expertise is here!

Wanted to get your opinion. I had a *disasterous* experience with an LG Revolution. After 4 refurbished phones and countless hours on the phone with Verizon, they sent me a Bionic. I was nervous after reading the reviews, but it has been fabulous. I guess I got lucky - completely stable, rarely crashes, battery not great but way better than the Revo.

Now I'm being asked to upgrade to .905. Nervous as I'm seeing some reports that people with stable phones are losing their 4G or having other troubles with the update. I am so happy to finally have a stable phone and don't want to mess it up.

Upgrade or no?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

CBMGGM

Reaction score
You need to take the OTA 905 update. You will need to be on this version in order to get the ICS software update due out sometime this month hopefully. By the way a lot of us have been testing the ICS leaks that are currently out. So far it's been rock solid and a much better experience than GB. The Bionic should serve you well...... :)

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Personally I would stay on the .902 version!!! My phone was rock solid on data also till right about the time .905 soak started getting pushed. Now I am also having data dropping issues. Might be VZW broadcasting issues,... or not. The .905 update really didn't do anything important! Read the update changelog.
Now, hopefully, ICS should be coming soon and maybe fix something along with getting a nice OS.
If you do stay on .902, and want the ICS update, just keep your ears open when the soak starts testing and just accept the. 905 at that time. Then ICS OTA should push a week or two after. No harm no foul! All's Good :)

PS. I might be a little biased (cough) But I think the BIONIC is the best!!! ;-P

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Here's a copy of the changlog! IMO it didn't fix any 4g issues.

bionic-update-600x650.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums