You guys cured me. No new Bionic here

rleonard

Reaction score
My original Droid ended up with a broken screen. Due for an update so I looked into a Boinic. After investigating reviews, posts here, seeing all the problems with the phone; sluggish, bad camera (Shutter must snap when the button is pushed) freezing, loosing data, poor battery life, on and on. Even the reviews on the Verizon website have a disturbing number of dissatisfied customers and returns. Clearly this is not ready for prime time.

Maybe I'll wait and see if this changes, but I need a phone that does what it is supposed to do. As of now, the Bionic is not up to the task.

I had insurance and got a replacement Droid. Ironically it is freezing and locking, requiring a battery pull to regain control. It too is being replaced.

I had a stable Droid for nearly 2 years that I could count on, so it can be done. Are these that temperamental? Is there enough manufacturing variance that there are good and bad phones? Is there any chance that I can get another stable phone that works; first time, every time. That is what I had and what I expect.

Bob

GoBears

Reaction score
Why would you ask that here and not in the D1 forum? Just figured you needed to post a bash about a phone you don't even own? Good luck with your Droid.

GoBears

portermac

Reaction score
There are a lot of people having zero issues with their bionic. Ever since I got 4g three Weeks ago I have had a perfect experience. This is an incredible phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R

rleonard

Reaction score
I would like to update to the Bionic. All the issues that you all have posted here have me second guessing. Not bashing the D1 Junior, Questioning the new one

akhi216

Reaction score
Of course some people will have problems with the Bionic, it was just released. If you want a phone that doesn't have glaring problems you have to buy the phone long after it release when updates are pushed to it

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just FYI... the D1 wasn't what it is now when it was first released...it was quite a plain jane until the updates started coming...same with the ThunderBolts, it had a shietload of problems when it first came out and was the reason I didn't get one, but then it got a couple updates and I got it because it then became this beast of a 4G phone. I will alwys be fond of both my D1 and my TBolt, both turned into stellar phones in the end...

So now I expect that with my Bionic...once a couple of updates come I truly believe that this phone will knock the snot out of any others down the pipe, and surely any Apple ones...

Side note...cannot believe people waited in line for days for a 3G Iphone 4s...really?!?...they that brainwashed?????:blink:

warrior21

Reaction score
Just FYI... the D1 wasn't what it is now when it was first released...it was quite a plain jane until the updates started coming...same with the ThunderBolts, it had a shietload of problems when it first came out and was the reason I didn't get one, but then it got a couple updates and I got it because it then became this beast of a 4G phone. I will alwys be fond of both my D1 and my TBolt, both turned into stellar phones in the end...

So now I expect that with my Bionic...once a couple of updates come I truly believe that this phone will knock the snot out of any others down the pipe, and surely any Apple ones...

Side note...cannot believe people waited in line for days for a 3G Iphone 4s...really?!?...they that brainwashed?????:blink:

Good post

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

nateohio

Reaction score
The first generation of these phones always comes with issues. I got the Droid X2 a week after ti was released and to be honest, that phone SUCKED!!!! Now with 2 updates, its one of the best phones out there on the 3G Market. The only reason I switched is because i wanted the bionic, the updated blur interface, and the 4G speed.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd venture to say for every single complaint, there are 4 other people with no complaints that won't post anything... that's my estimate, but I'm sure the true statistic isn't too far off. You only ever hear about the problems.

akhi216

Reaction score
Mbk - The iSheep were hypnotized by the hidden messages on the Retina Display from their precious Jesus phone 4. Lol kinda reminds me of the Xoom Super Bowl commercial where the iSheep were all walking around like Zombies. Even funnier, I almost had my mind snatched away testing out the Jesus Phone 4S in a Best Buy. Luckily for me being half brainwashed about to empty out my bank account, I spotted a Xoom that had a couple of games download it on it, played with it and saw the light.

#true story. No BS.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Jaycea22

Reaction score
I'm one of the four that have no complaints. I love my bionic. Streamed NFL redzone for 5 hours on Sunday using 4g and still had 45% battery. This phone does what I need

jspencer67

Reaction score

t
hey are not called iSheep for no reason at all :D

welsalex

Reaction score
I'm one of the four that have no complaints. I love my bionic. Streamed NFL redzone for 5 hours on Sunday using 4g and still had 45% battery. This phone does what I need

I'm right there with you on the nfl mobile. This phone works great for what I need. And we can get on that whole discussion about motorola and updates but honestly I think it's all going to workout with motorola getting out what this phone needs to make it even better. It's really a fantastic phone.