Day 5 with my Bionic

cjsmoove

Reaction score
I'm coming from the Verizon iPhone 4 and I have never had a problem with it as far as reception goes. The battery life in the iPhone is unequaled. Having said that, the iphone does not have a dual core and in some apps you notice it. Also, no LTE radio in the iphone either and rumors say that the iphone 5 won't have lte cuz of the battery technology isn't where Apple wants it to be. The biggest reason I'm switching back to Android is I hate feeling like Apple controls everything I do on my device. I know it can be jailbroken but Apple makes it a personal agenda by releasing small updates here and there to fight jailbreaking. The iphone is a nice device but as far as technology goes, I think its generic, closed, and behind the curve. I can't wait til I get my bionic, its sitting in a Fedex warehouse waiting to be shipped to my house. Hopefully Monday Ill get it.

How do you figure the battery that the iphone4 battery is that much better than the Bionics? Iphones4 battery last around 7 HOURS of less with moderate to heavy usage.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Overland1

Reaction score
I am on day #11 with my Bionic (and loving it) and the battery will last almost two days; that is after the first few days of a charge lasting only a day or less. Part of this is attributed to 4G being turned on. Not needing to download anything right away, I switched it to 3G only for the time being.

Now, if I can only figure out why the display has "frozen" twice in eleven days (will post in a separate thread on that)... :frown:

BlownSi05

Reaction score
How do you figure the battery that the iphone4 battery is that much better than the Bionics? Iphones4 battery last around 7 HOURS of less with moderate to heavy usage.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I can go three days on my iphone 4 with moderate usage before having to charge. The iphone battery life is superior to anything I have seen or heard of yet. The problem is like what has already been stated; it's generic. You can jailbreak, but at least in my case jail breaking diminished my battery life down to what I was getting on my Droid X. You also still do not get the openness and customization capabilities like you do with Android. Let there be no illusions; if you want a phone that just works, is fast and reliable, easy to use, and has incredible battery life, the iphone is it. Unfortunately, it is not for me and I will be making the jump back to a Droid here very very soon.

gtofan350

Reaction score
I'm currently on day 2 without plugging in my iphone and with the wifi been on all day yesterday and still on. Streaming music from iheartradio and spotify for about 3 hours yesterday (swimming in the pool and grilling) I'm on 50% battery life exactly. Keep in mind that the bionic has a bigger screen and lte radios which will always suck more battery than a smaller screen and cdma radios. It isn't unheard of to get 2-3 days out of an iphone battery.

yiannis

Reaction score
I'm trying to persuade my girlfriend to make the switch and she says that the ecosystem that Apple provides will not be easily integrated into Android and that she doesn't want to make the effort to synchronize her calendar, contacts, iTunes etc...

Any ideas on how to change her mind?

hydro556

Reaction score
I'm trying to persuade my girlfriend to make the switch and she says that the ecosystem that Apple provides will not be easily integrated into Android and that she doesn't want to make the effort to synchronize her calendar, contacts, iTunes etc...

Eject?

JRParsons

Reaction score

Don't bother, if it works for her, and she's happy with it, don't try to change her mind. I made the mistake of talking my wife into a Thunderbolt, and now I pay 30 extra a month for her to use it as a phone only. What is important to you in a phone probably isn't what is important to her.

gtofan350

Reaction score
I made the mistake of talking my girlfriend into a droid 2, granted she was coming from a samsung rogue so it was an upgrade but the phone is too complicated for her. Last night I had to explain why her contacts were synced to her facebook instead of her gmail account.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
You guys are comparing Apples and "Droids". For one the iPhone should get better battery life. It's a 3.5 inch screen and only runs on 3G. And does not allow widgets, stock anyhow. You ever used a jailbroken iPhone that is setup like a droid? Yea u won't last very long either. The iPhone is very basic and droid is for customization. You sacrifice battery life for that. That's the difference with both.

gtofan350

Reaction score
By no means am I saying the iphone is superior to android. The iphone is and has always all been behind in tech but it does get battery life. Maybe Apple won't add widgets and LTE because of the possible sacrifice of battery life.

OP
M

mdanehart

Reaction score
I do not have any intentions to root this Bionic for a wifi hotspot. I ran the usb tether and completed the software settings and bang.. on the www to complete my company work. I assume this action will not be $ to my account?

bigmook

Reaction score
Nope been using it since day one and nothing on my bill. It is a native function of the phone. So I would assume it is free.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Byakushiki

Reaction score
By no means am I saying the iphone is superior to android. The iphone is and has always all been behind in tech but it does get battery life. Maybe Apple won't add widgets and LTE because of the possible sacrifice of battery life.
Count me surprised. My dad's iPhone barely makes a day with the way he needs it set up. And battery life was one of those things heavily advertised to him. Told him a D'Inc2 would've served him better(free phone too at that time). I suppose most of the battery life arguments depend on how you set it up. Me, I shoot for simple and concise, so there aren't too many widgets. Battery life? I used to make a week without recharging on my old D1. Very light use though, keep in mind.