Support for the Razr Maxx HD

nepkp

Reaction score
Seems to be very lame. Features: being removed and not being replaced with something better is not progress in my book. I would love to use a keyboard with this however doesn't seem to be supported. I am just about disgusted with trying to hack my way through this with very poor support from every source. Can't get the same answer twice from two different people . I don't know what to do with this. I wish I did not have a two year contract with Verizon they really suck especially their support. Great piece of hardware, too bad the software and the support is 10 years behind! I guess is time to piss away more money and get something different that maybe actually serves my purposes!

,,,,, :-(

OP
N

nepkp

Reaction score
This is a perfect example of the limitations of using the device as is, for keeping a reasonable flow of continuity in the reply stream. I tried replying earlier with the app on the phone, but it never showed up here. So, I am typing this on my 7 year old Dell Inspiron, and having a much easier time, entering and editing this response, cut, paste, copy are the three of the main advantages of a GUI in the first place, seem to be next to unusable and undo is nonexistent...no excuse for that

The keyboard you suggested will take care of half of what I want ti do, however, it has no pointing device, which is one of my basic requirements, which are: to be able to hook up phone to HD TV via micro HDMI cable, use a remote bluetooth (or wifi, if it works) keyboard with trackpad. Motorola sells one that will work with the old Razr Maxx (non HD), but is apparently not compatible with the HD version of the phone. I was waiting for the faster processor and that has proven to be a big mistake. I thought this would be easy, but it has been a happiness drain as well as a waste of time and money. I have one of these on order: Amazon.com: Motorola Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories, but it looks like I won't even get to try it, without risking being stuck with it, so I will have to return it, unopened in order to get a refund, simply because I have no confidence that it will work as I want it to.