Going from a 3g phone to a 4g phone

searayman

Reaction score
I am planning on buying the razzr on ebay to replace my broken droidx. If I purchase a 4g razzr will it work just fine on my contract? Will i need to change anything when I buy it or can I just activate it like any other 3g phone and have no worries?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am planning on buying the razzr on ebay to replace my broken droidx. If I purchase a 4g razzr will it work just fine on my contract? Will i need to change anything when I buy it or can I just activate it like any other 3g phone and have no worries?
Your razr will work just fine on your contract. It makes no difference whether your phone is 3g or 4g...just make sure your razr has a sim card before you buy. If it doesn't you can always go to Verizon and get a sim card. There are two big differences you're going to notice with 4g...One, it is really fast...you're going to love the speed and 2, the down side of the speed, it uses quite a bit more battery than 3g, but nothing that a little battery management won't manage.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
Can i turn 4g off and only use 3g to save battery?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes you can... there is an app called LTE On/Off in the market. Its free. When you open the app you will select CDMA Auto PRL... that will keep it on 3G and you can put it back on 4G any time you want. :)

xtor

Reaction score
searayman said:
Can i turn 4g off and only use 3g to save battery?

Yes you can, by downloading lte on/off from app market, the setting you use are lte/cdma evdo, and for 3g its cdma auto prl, works great

point of origin

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

you might call VZW first i don't think you can update 3g to 4g with doing a share everything now, could be wrong but i dont think i am

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
you might call VZW first i don't think you can update 3g to 4g with doing a share everything now, could be wrong but i dont think i am
Very good point. I forgot Verizon is in the process of changing their plans. Yeah, call Verizon.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
justin82 said:

I just put a razr on my third line which was a dumb phone line on july 3rd. knowing i was going to be doing that, i added a data pack to that line 2 days before the "share your income with vzw" plans went into effect. I had no problem putting a 4g phone on that line

steeletown

Reaction score
It will not affect your plan. As
Long as you do not buy a phone at discount pricing your plan will not change.

Last edited:

TheJester34

Reaction score
Ask them before you do it. Coworker of mine bought my old Bionic to replace her LG Android phone and they moved her to a 2GB plan when she activated it. Told her it was because she moved to a 4G phone

joshxdroid

Reaction score
TheJester34 said:
Ask them before you do it. Coworker of mine bought my old Bionic to replace her LG Android phone and they moved her to a 2GB plan when she activated it. Told her it was because she moved to a 4G phone

Go ahead and ask them, but you just have to tell them not to change you're plan. The computer automatically tried too change my plan to the 4 gigs for 2 gigs promotion. But i "nicely" made sure the agent knew i would be extremely angry if my unlimited went away