Next Best or Upcoming Android Phone to Buy

krtidad

Reaction score
Just spoke to our local Verizon store who had no idea about the Droid Fighter being released. They did however know about the $30.00 upgrade fee that Verizon will start charging on April 22! :angry:

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Hopefully the Fighter has all these things you guys are claiming it has. My experience is the specs are totally different by the time it's released. And yeah, definitely don't believe people that say the 3300 mAh battery is great. Everyone knows 1850 is where it's at. Don't get sucked in by the hype of having your phone last through a full day. Those Razr Maxx owners are just wolves in sheeps clothing! Them and their large batteries...........hah! I personally will always stick to a smaller battery just to spite them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
R

reddem0n

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is the big day. Nothing has been released about it so far and no one knows much about it, my only guess is the april 12th date was some rumor that made it far enough to spread everywhere and anywhere.

DROID11

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you OP. Sitting on an upgrade, took everything I had not to jump on the rezound offer that ended Monday, and now I find out Verizon is adding a $30 upgrade fee. Really regretting not getting that now, but since I didn't go for that I might as well wait for the next wave of phones to come in, considering waiting clear until black Friday and getting a really good deal on a super phone then. I can deal with the bionic until then, I think.

JaylisJayP

Reaction score
That fee sucks. It really makes me want to look at Amazon Wireless as an option for upgrading my next phone. If I have a $30 new fee now, it's that much more tempting to save $70 to $100 going through them. I'm on a family plan and we're not changing it anytime soon, so I dont think I have to worry about that or any other extra fees from them.

JaylisJayP

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is the big day. Nothing has been released about it so far and no one knows much about it, my only guess is the april 12th date was some rumor that made it far enough to spread everywhere and anywhere.

It was more than just some rumor. There were pictures all over the Internet of an internal memo listing workshop dates for upcoming Verizon phones, the Fighter being one of them listed for 4/12. All the other phones on the list that had dates were released on or within a few days of those dates, so it seemed pretty credible. Of course workshop doesn't mean release, but it appeared as concrete as you can get without an official announcement. Of course, in highsight now.....

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no fighter for us right now :(

OP
R

reddem0n

Reaction score
Let's hope this week brings some luck, it's that or wait for Galaxy III.

JaylisJayP

Reaction score
The latest rumor is that the Droid Fighter is going to be named Droid Razr HD. There was some leak on Saturday about a picture that was taken with it or something, just check google. No specs to confirm whether it lines up with the Fighter rumored specs yet, though.

I'd be very surprised if they released it prior to the upgrade fee going into effect, though.

Even so, I might just wait until the S3 is announced with specs and of course which network it's coming to. I'm also kinda holding out hope that Verizon announces their own version of the Note. I think I'd trade having that screen size for a slightly underpowered processor. The Note is said to have a decent battery itself.

steeletown

Reaction score
Leaked pictures of the next Motorola Android

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
My question is - should I jump on the Droid Razzr Maxx pay the $230 for upgrading or is there a newer and better version of the Nexus coming out or a better android phone coming out for verizon wireless thats worth waiting another week or two?

The Successor to the Galaxy Nexus is not on the Horizon. They will (probably) be announcing the Galaxy S3 on May 3rd, but there is no ETA on when we will see it on Verizon, if ever. Verizon never did get an actual Galaxy S2.

Which phone is best really depends on what you are looking for. None of them are best at everything. The Maxx is good for battery life and durability and it is the thinnest. IMO it is way overpriced at $230 though...the Nexus, Spectrum and Rezound are far cheaper and as good or better in most ways.

JaylisJayP

Reaction score
I'm starting to feel more and more like the S3 isn't coming to Verizon, either. Sucks, as it seems like they have something up their sleeve for that May 3 reveal...although the leaked specs so far look more or less like the Droid Fighter/Droid Razr HD with a weaker battery and possibly a quad-core. I guess I'm still on the waiting train. I still wouldn't get any of these current phones. I want an HD screen and I want a good battery in the same phone. Crazy, I know.

On a related note, the Droid Incredible HD was outed on droiddoes website today and then pulled off. I seriously don't know why anyone would buy it, though. 4" screen, 1.2-dual core, I think a 1700 battery...all for the bargain price of $299. Frickin rip-off for an underpowered, out-of-date phone before it's even released.

Last edited:

beungood

Reaction score
Any news on the Fighter? My X2 is starting to eff up alot more frequently...

JaylisJayP

Reaction score
The last rumor is that it's going to be called the Razr HD, but nothing about a release date. There was a leak a week or so ago about someone posting a picture they took with the phone, and the writeup had some leaked camera specs and the device was called the Droid Razr HD. Can't be too far off, especially if Verizon doesn't get the S3. They'll basically be sitting with out of date crap while ATT boasts the S3, HTC One X and the Samsung Note in their lineup.

I'd never dump my grandfathered Verizon plan for one phone, but Verizon sure is sucking the big one lately on getting people excited. They're charging $30 for upgrades now...wonder how much they're collecting? I have an X2 also and I still haven't thought about upgrading to any of the phones in their current lineup. They're all way too expensive for how old they are now.

msu

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat and have been holding out for a month now. Verizon just dropped the Galaxy Nexus down to $199. So basically I could get it for $99. That deal is really pulling me, but I just can't make up my mind. My Droid X is fine and I could probably get $75 out of it off Craigs.

What I really wished is that I could go to Bestbuy and pic up one and then still get my $100 verizon discount, but I doubt it would happen. I did manage to get it last time by calling verizon up and saying I didn't get it and the lady was nice enough to give it to me. Reason I say BB is I have a $100 card for there.

So it is either hold out, or just go ahead and get the nexus.?? decisions.