Next Best or Upcoming Android Phone to Buy

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by reddem0n, Apr 1, 2012.

1. steeletown

steeletown Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Leaked pictures of the next Motorola Android

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

2. JeffDenver

JeffDenver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The Successor to the Galaxy Nexus is not on the Horizon. They will (probably) be announcing the Galaxy S3 on May 3rd, but there is no ETA on when we will see it on Verizon, if ever. Verizon never did get an actual Galaxy S2.

Which phone is best really depends on what you are looking for. None of them are best at everything. The Maxx is good for battery life and durability and it is the thinnest. IMO it is way overpriced at $230 though...the Nexus, Spectrum and Rezound are far cheaper and as good or better in most ways.

3. JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm starting to feel more and more like the S3 isn't coming to Verizon, either. Sucks, as it seems like they have something up their sleeve for that May 3 reveal...although the leaked specs so far look more or less like the Droid Fighter/Droid Razr HD with a weaker battery and possibly a quad-core. I guess I'm still on the waiting train. I still wouldn't get any of these current phones. I want an HD screen and I want a good battery in the same phone. Crazy, I know.

On a related note, the Droid Incredible HD was outed on droiddoes website today and then pulled off. I seriously don't know why anyone would buy it, though. 4" screen, 1.2-dual core, I think a 1700 battery...all for the bargain price of $299. Frickin rip-off for an underpowered, out-of-date phone before it's even released.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  4. beungood

beungood New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any news on the Fighter? My X2 is starting to eff up alot more frequently...

5. JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The last rumor is that it's going to be called the Razr HD, but nothing about a release date. There was a leak a week or so ago about someone posting a picture they took with the phone, and the writeup had some leaked camera specs and the device was called the Droid Razr HD. Can't be too far off, especially if Verizon doesn't get the S3. They'll basically be sitting with out of date crap while ATT boasts the S3, HTC One X and the Samsung Note in their lineup.

I'd never dump my grandfathered Verizon plan for one phone, but Verizon sure is sucking the big one lately on getting people excited. They're charging $30 for upgrades now...wonder how much they're collecting? I have an X2 also and I still haven't thought about upgrading to any of the phones in their current lineup. They're all way too expensive for how old they are now.

6. msu

msu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same boat and have been holding out for a month now. Verizon just dropped the Galaxy Nexus down to $199. So basically I could get it for $99. That deal is really pulling me, but I just can't make up my mind. My Droid X is fine and I could probably get $75 out of it off Craigs.

What I really wished is that I could go to Bestbuy and pic up one and then still get my $100 verizon discount, but I doubt it would happen. I did manage to get it last time by calling verizon up and saying I didn't get it and the lady was nice enough to give it to me. Reason I say BB is I have a $100 card for there.

So it is either hold out, or just go ahead and get the nexus.?? decisions.

7. stormcastle

stormcastle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My DroidX has also died--nothing works right no matter what I do to it. But it is now 24 Apr 2012, I have found nothing about the Fighter. Any other great choices?

8. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,327
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    You really can't go wrong with any of the current phones. I'd start looking into the current lineup instead of waiting for any speculated release date.

9. JeffDenver

JeffDenver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'd like to plug the LG Spectrum. I got a Rezound myself, but a friend of mine got a Spectrum and I have to say, it is pretty nice. The UI is ugly as sin, but it is snappy (Snappier than the Nexus and Rezound IMO) and has the best display on any Verizon phone right now. It is as good as the Rezound's but is a bit brighter and has deeper blacks. It has the 2nd best camera as well (The Rezound still holds #1 IMO). It also has Gorilla Glass.

The main downside is, well, it's LG. So good luck with any updates after ICS and ICS itself will probably be a while, though LG sears to God it is coming "soon". But if you don't care about that or plan to root anyway, this phone is a great deal. I think it is the cheapest of the top tier phones now (he got his from Wirefly for $90).

10. msu

msu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I called last night to possible upgrade to the Galaxy and I had totally forgot about Verizon kicking in that $30.00 upgrade fee. So my $100 off went to $75. They have dropped the phone down to $199 which is nice, but I just can't make up my mind. I did run across Amazon selling the Galaxy Nexus for $49.99 on 2 year contract through verizon which to me sounds like a hell of a deal. Only thing that has me hung up on the SGN is the no expandable memory. That has been one of my hang ups with Apple all these years, beside Itunes.
    Either way it would be a step up from my DX.

11. JeffDenver

JeffDenver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah the lack of expansion was the main deal killer for me with the Nexus as well. I might be able to live without a removable battery but I gotta have memory expansion options. The Amazon deal is only $50 for new customers...for existing customers it is still $150. Although that is still even better than Verizon's deal.

The Spectrum does have expandable memory and removable battery as well.

12. t35rk

t35rk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the LG Lucid. It's mostly a nice phone but a couple of issues are causing me to send it back.

First issue is a just okay touchscreen. Coming from an original Incredible it is a disappointment. My wife's Rezound is as it should be and much better.

The second and bigger issue is the battery. It has longer life than the Rezound but it runs hot. Regularly 110 or hotter. It's been up to over 130. On top of that it takes much too long to charge for my liking. The extended battery solves both of these issues, but defeats the purpose of choosing to own a slim and smaller phone.

If the Spectrum isn't an improvement on the Lucid's shortcomings, I would stay away from it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
best phone
is there a new droid phone coming out
next best phone to arrive for verizon

next best verizon phone

what new droids are coming out for verizon
what's the best upcoming phone coming up in august 2013
whats the next great android phone
when is the next best droid coming out
when is the next best droid coming out for verizon
when is the next droid maxx xt 1080 coming out?