giving us some hope?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay....let's get back on topic. Nothing we can do besides let them know that grammar and spelling lets us understand them.

So now that we keep hearing July 7th launch or around there for the Droid 3, the Bionic should come a few weeks to a month after. I think Verizon wants to get out these 4G phones so I can't see them delaying the Bionic for too long unless the GSII is 4G (which I doubt).

GBH2

Reaction score
Okay....let's get back on topic. Nothing we can do besides let them know that grammar and spelling lets us understand them.

So now that we keep hearing July 7th launch or around there for the Droid 3, the Bionic should come a few weeks to a month after. I think Verizon wants to get out these 4G phones so I can't see them delaying the Bionic for too long unless the GSII is 4G (which I doubt).

July 7th seems about right for the Droid 3. I hope you are right about only another few weeks to a month more for the Bionic, but the "insiders" have stated Bionic will come 2 months after Droid 3. Their info is always dead on - but maybe they were talking about the worst case scenario - we shall see.

x02ssmarox

Reaction score
How does that make 4g worthless? Because its tiered?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
I can burn thru 2 gigs of data on 3g in 4 days on 4g it would just burn thru that much faster

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes we will all be burning data much faster and more often if we have 4g. I am going back to the way I originally felt about 4g, that 3g is good enough. I will be using wireless all the time once tiered hits, it will become too expensive to use 4g. But doesn't matter anyways cuz I am prolly going to Sprint to get the evo 3d anyways in a couple days.

dominick_7

Reaction score
Tiered blows. If we are already in the unlimited data plan for $29 do we know for sure it grandfathers us in for 3g AND 4g? As good as the Bionic seems, I'm thinking, as always Verizon will likely take even longer/make us wait longer, beyond the week of July 6th for it to come out.. Sprint is looking a whole lot better.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Can I get unlimited data now for my 3G feature phone and not have to switch to tiered when they new plans come out or would I have to get a new contract and new phone to keep unlimited after tiered data comes out?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe once you get a smart phone you will have to switch to the data plan that is offered at the time.

Sent from my fascinate

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

July 7th seems about right for the Droid 3. I hope you are right about only another few weeks to a month more for the Bionic, but the "insiders" have stated Bionic will come 2 months after Droid 3. Their info is always dead on - but maybe they were talking about the worst case scenario - we shall see.

Well this is only my best guess. I hope they release it sooner rather than later.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would this smart phone have to be on contract or could it be an off contract smartphone?

You can get a smart phone off contract at full retail and do month to month with Verizon, but you still have to pay the data fee each month I believe. I think you can cancel at the end of the month though if you are not tied to a contract. You may want to check with Verizon. Either on or off contract I believe you have to pay data fee. Data usage shouldn't be too high if one uses wifi when they can and check their data usage regularly...but this kind of defeats the purpose of 4g.