Release of Droid Bionic before July 6!?

Reaction score
Also as we have recently heard if you brick your phone and they find out you bricked it due to rooting Verizon can and will likely charge you retail for the replacement phone.

An update to droid lifes article regarding vzw's "policy" was proved false. Warranty inspectors are instructed to look for three things. Box damage, if the devixe powers, and general physical appearance of the device.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Also as we have recently heard if you brick your phone and they find out you bricked it due to rooting Verizon can and will likely charge you retail for the replacement phone.

An update to droid lifes article regarding vzw's "policy" was proved false. Warranty inspectors are instructed to look for three things. Box damage, if the devixe powers, and general physical appearance of the device.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Normal VZ reps wouldn't know if it was rooted anyways, only the hackers that VZ hires do, and they wouldn't burn another hacker anyways....

Now, I'm not sure if the computers they hook it up to can tell though.....still waiting on VZ to hire me :p

Raptor007

Reaction score
Thanks, I read the udpated comments later. My guess is if you are dumb enough to go into the store with a rooted phone you won't get much help, but exchanging it as a DOA in good physical condition, that shouldn't be an issue.

I did learn one thing from Verizon recently and that is if you buy a phone from a friend, eBay, or anywhere else that isn't from Verizon or an authorized agent as new or refurbished be smart don't offer that up. I was told clearly that the mfg's will not warranty it, and therefore Verizon won't warranty it and your are out of luck. Fortunately I was able to get a phone I bought from eBay that was literally new in the box yet had issues a short while later, they did replace it but still its a cautionary tale.