Release of Droid Bionic before July 6!?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by droidbio, Jun 15, 2011.

1. droidbio

droidbio New Member

The Pop Herald is reporting that the Bionic may release before July 6th.

Pleasssssse quit teasing us!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

3. droidbio

droidbio New Member

Sorry didn't see it.

That's why I rarely post.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

:work3::icon_ repost:

lol itchy trigger finger = )
  5. Underscore_Hero

Underscore_Hero New Member

I'm gonna speculate that the Bionic is going to release on the exact date or 1 day before Verizon starts changing the cell plans. The other report stated that Verizon may start introducing "shared data plans" for mobile devices, no deets on cell data yet, but they show a possible implementation date of July 6th.
  6. wvdroidman

wvdroidman New Member

let them get it right. We pressured them to release the thunderbolt early and now look at all of the problems most of us who got it the day of release are having.
  7. teg94

teg94 New Member

Do you really think that "Internet Forums" pressured anyone to release anything early? People on these Internet forums have an over inflated view of themselves. Those of us on here are an incredibly small percentage of Motorola's market. A few impatient people on here does not impact decisions made at Motorola, Verizon, HTC, or any other company.
  8. ericdabbs

ericdabbs New Member

I'll believe it when I see a press release by Verizon. The popherald article is just pure speculation based on the date Verizon is ending its unlimited free 4g hotspot. There has been too many times where people have speculated the Bionic's release and none of them have come to fruition.

I think verizon knows its a highly anticipated phone but I think it is because Verizon was dumb in not making better 4G phones that are at least dual core. The Thunderbolt, Charge, and Revolution are all single core which is NOT the direction cell phones are going. I think Verizon set themselves up for making the Bionic a highly sought device.
  9. BlueSami

BlueSami New Member

Lol your crazy man I like you, but your crazy.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. mjones73

mjones73 New Member

Agreed, do you really think they rushed the phone out because of us?
  11. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

Hell no!
    We only influence early custom rom releases. Phone releases are based on soo many factors. Factors some of us probably would never think of. It's all about marketing.
  12. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

13. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 New Member

HTC listened about the locked bootloaders, Moto appears to be ease dropping about the whole bootloader deal so dont say we dont have a voice...

btw, anyone know y tethering apps are being cut out the market or at least trying to be cut? oh yea thts right cus of our 'lil community' too much going on around here too much money gettin left on the table lol

this lil light of mine, im gonna let it shine...
  14. zodder

zodder New Member

Excellent point. :)
  15. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

While its true HTC listened, and listened wisely to their vocal customer base, Motorola is playing the "if the carrier allows it" game. Motorola can simply come out and say we will ship phones with unlocked bootloaders period. HTC says it,*SonyEricson says it, LG and Samsung don't seem to be too worried or locking things down. Its really just Moto now.

Also as we have recently heard if you brick your phone and they find out you bricked it due to rooting Verizon can and will likely charge you retail for the replacement phone. This is a policy I can both agree and disagree with. First I can agree from a simple position that rooting is being done by many who have no clue what they are doing, and do not take the time to READ, READ, READ and expect their total fubar moments to be covered.

Now that said IF rooting had nothing to do with say a display going bad, a mic failing etc, it should not be an issue. I root, I learn, read prepare and above all else take responsibility for what I do. Phones are not cheap yet they shouldn't be so locked down, loaded with crapware and made to be unbearable. I actually wish we had a full GSM (or LTE in the future) network so we could just take any phone to any carrier. Alas that will NEVER happen.
  16. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

An update to droid lifes article regarding vzw's "policy" was proved false. Warranty inspectors are instructed to look for three things. Box damage, if the devixe powers, and general physical appearance of the device.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  17. Underscore_Hero

Underscore_Hero New Member

Normal VZ reps wouldn't know if it was rooted anyways, only the hackers that VZ hires do, and they wouldn't burn another hacker anyways....

Now, I'm not sure if the computers they hook it up to can tell though.....still waiting on VZ to hire me :p
  18. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

Thanks, I read the udpated comments later. My guess is if you are dumb enough to go into the store with a rooted phone you won't get much help, but exchanging it as a DOA in good physical condition, that shouldn't be an issue.

I did learn one thing from Verizon recently and that is if you buy a phone from a friend, eBay, or anywhere else that isn't from Verizon or an authorized agent as new or refurbished be smart don't offer that up. I was told clearly that the mfg's will not warranty it, and therefore Verizon won't warranty it and your are out of luck. Fortunately I was able to get a phone I bought from eBay that was literally new in the box yet had issues a short while later, they did replace it but still its a cautionary tale.