Over/under on next real leaked bionic pics

das2042

Reaction score
I say July 18th +/- 1

They'll try to ride the d3 wave a little bit.

Might as well have some fun with it if they're not going to give us anything.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
For those that have the Original Droid you might remember and it is a possibility that it could happen tonight.

AHobbs21said This on another Forum: The OG droid debut commercial was during the 09 world series about 2 weeks before it came out. Now tonight is the MLB all star game and it's about 2 weeks before the bionic is allegedly going to come out. I'm thinking if Verizon wants to make a big splash like they did with the OG droid tonight will be the night we will meet the bionic. It's just a thought and I might be wrong, but I might be right.

MS3G35

Reaction score
I say closer to the launch date. like Aug 1st +/-1

I'm still suprised that they are not advertising the Droid3 on TV yet, or at least that I haven't seen.

OP
das2042

das2042

Reaction score
Just remember You can't be over.... I would think with sales already happening that if there was going to be a sales campaign it would have started. I think they are saving the advertising dollars for the bionic. With the d3 already on the website, with sales, there would be no point to sink big money into it. With the all star game that does make sense to launch the campaign especially if it's going to be a "flagship." Is it to late to change my bet?

R

rushmore

Just remember You can't be over.... I would think with sales already happening that if there was going to be a sales campaign it would have started. I think they are saving the advertising dollars for the bionic. With the d3 already on the website, with sales, there would be no point to sink big money into it. With the all star game that does make sense to launch the campaign especially if it's going to be a "flagship." Is it to late to change my bet?

I think Moto is hurting on the money side, so are being very strategic where they spend money for effective ads. They want BANG for their bucks right now:

DX2: Probably released as a bridge for the bionic delay and to bleed out some components and add-on products.

D3: IMO, this is a sweet device and along with great performance, world phone and amazing keyboard, word of mouth should help push it. I expect Moto to start more ads, when/if that happens.

Bionic: Moto is going to throw their money at this for ads. This device may be their "Hail Mary" to maintain their current position in market.

My guess is we should see a steady stream of "leaks" soon and pick up around the final week of July.

Vito.a

Reaction score
The Droid 3 hits the stores Thursday. They will promote it for a while, then with a quick 1-2 punch start promoting the Bionic.

Reaction score
For those that have the Original Droid you might remember and it is a possibility that it could happen tonight.

AHobbs21said This on another Forum: The OG droid debut commercial was during the 09 world series about 2 weeks before it came out. Now tonight is the MLB all star game and it's about 2 weeks before the bionic is allegedly going to come out. I'm thinking if Verizon wants to make a big splash like they did with the OG droid tonight will be the night we will meet the bionic. It's just a thought and I might be wrong, but I might be right.

ahh why ya gotta do this to me preach!! lol I hope so..