The Bionic July 4th weekend? No way

sk102704

Reaction score
I keep reading the "internet rumors" that the Bionic is coming out the July 4th weekend but from what I've seen it all comes from an assumption by someone grabbing for a story from Pop Herald.

He said that since Verizon is extending its free hotspot until July 6th that it had to mean that the Droid Bionic was coming out then.

To me this is a huge leap. First of all we know what is going to happen when the free hotspots offer is over, we're going to get screwed by Verizon and their "value" tiered plans. Even if Verizon is going to release a phone that weekend it would most likely be the Droid3.

We only have a few blurred pictures of the Bionic and yet we have confirmations and clear video of the Droid3 and its going to come out after the Bionic? Sounds very unlikely to me.

I haven't heard anything else to even slightly back this up and maybe I'm missing something or maybe I am just wrong but does anyone else believe its nothing but a pipe dream?

If you do believe its coming out that weekend please tell us why so we can all have to most accurate info.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
The DROID Bionic is Not Launching on July 4

I keep reading the "internet rumors" that the Bionic is coming out the July 4th weekend but from what I've seen it all comes from an assumption by someone grabbing for a story from Pop Herald.

He said that since Verizon is extending its free hotspot until July 6th that it had to mean that the Droid Bionic was coming out then.

To me this is a huge leap. First of all we know what is going to happen when the free hotspots offer is over, we're going to get screwed by Verizon and their "value" tiered plans. Even if Verizon is going to release a phone that weekend it would most likely be the Droid3.

We only have a few blurred pictures of the Bionic and yet we have confirmations and clear video of the Droid3 and its going to come out after the Bionic? Sounds very unlikely to me.

I haven't heard anything else to even slightly back this up and maybe I'm missing something or maybe I am just wrong but does anyone else believe its nothing but a pipe dream?

If you do believe its coming out that weekend please tell us why so we can all have to most accurate info.

My Friends, the DROID Bionic is Not Launching on July 4 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
When is this wonder machine coming to life already?

I heard the images we seen arent the finalized build of the bionic and they are remodeling it as we speak so this would be the third revision to the bionic

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

sk102704

Reaction score
I also heard that it is undergoing a third revision. Hopefully for the better.

As far as a release there really is no way to say since neither Motorola or Verizon has said anything. If I had to guess I would say mid August since that's the opinion of people a lot more knowledgable than I am on the situation.

I would check this forum (Preach2K knows his stuff so he's a good person to read), DroidLife.com, and whenever BlackManX tweets something for the most accurate info regarding the Bionic and Its release.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
ok its 4th of July Weekend (OK starts in 2 hrs my time) and no word unless they are doing a quiet drop of the most anticipated phone....

el-cid

Reaction score
Who needs the Bionic.

Gimme the EVO 3D or HTC Sensation 4G!

Why are you on the Droid Bionic forum then? That baffles me when people come on here to give this phone the bad mouth. You don't want to buy it, don't, but quit talking about it then.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who needs the Bionic.

Gimme the EVO 3D or HTC Sensation 4G!

Why are you on the Droid Bionic forum then? That baffles me when people come on here to give this phone the bad mouth. You don't want to buy it, don't, but quit talking about it then.

Seriously. It gets old. Just don't come in this forum if you don't want the Bionic.