[THEME] Gingercomb Juiced - Liberty v0.8 / 0.9

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Geeze!! they really do have "an app for that" (everything) lmao! Juicemane you really are the man..LOL Thanks for the research was much appreciated.. I'm finding out with each reboot things aren't playing nice.. I'm not sure if its the theme or liberty but one of them does NOT like widgets.. lol specially the blur ones..lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, do not install the blur home launcher in the customizer. You will most likely bootloop and have to sbf. Its a known issue. It may work, but better not try it. Also, if the blur apps you're installing from the customizer don't seem to work, go into root explorer or a root file manager and navigate to sd/liberty customizer. There should be a zipped customizer and an extracted customizer folder. Go into the extracted one and there will be a list of all the aosp and blur apk's that are available. Go in manually and install them there. They seem to work when i do it that way

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Well something told me not to mess with that blur launcher so I stayed clear..lol But I am a widget user and YES.. I found that blur widgets do NOT work.. 3rd party widgets no problems.. But I will also give what you said a try.. Thanks for the info and tip!! :)

droidx2.3.3

Reaction score
It took me 2trys to get the blur launcher work. The first time I got a black screen with no launcher then it worked after a data wipe.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got mine to work as well, but it's not a good idea. Plus, she's stressed already ;)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK so I can't get the social networking widget and calander widget to work. Most of the other blur widgets work for me. I'm also running launcher pro so that may be why. Other app widgets work fine (droid overclock, power amp, etc..) just thought id let you know

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

MendedLogic

Reaction score
I got mine to work as well, but it's not a good idea. Plus, she's stressed already ;)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9[/QUOTE

Hey!! I resemble that remark...LMAO Heck yes don't make me have to wipe crap!! I'm just getting my phone to a nice look and feel (happy medium) I have a touch of OCD so I have this thing about being just right and things working..lol I still need to clean out my SD card its a mess...LOL :p

MendedLogic

Reaction score
OK so I can't get the social networking widget and calander widget to work. Most of the other blur widgets work for me. I'm also running launcher pro so that may be why. Other app widgets work fine (droid overclock, power amp, etc..) just thought id let you know

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

I have found a work around for most my widgets using 3rd party widgets.. However, I do use the blur widget for 'contacts quick task' and altho it appears to work when you go to reboot and come back it is black with text that says it couldn't be loaded... Need to figure this one out..lol

[EDIT] Found out this is a blur issue most blur widgets mostly the sizable ones do not like any alternative launcher, so for this particular widget 'contacts quick task' its a bust.. May be able to find a 3rd party widget that is similar to replace it..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9[/QUOTE

Hey!! I resemble that remark...LMAO Heck yes don't make me have to wipe crap!! I'm just getting my phone to a nice look and feel (happy medium) I have a touch of OCD so I have this thing about being just right and things working..lol I still need to clean out my SD card its a mess...LOL :p

I didn't mean anything bad by it! I was just trying to look out, thats all. Geeze.
:0

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Also while I have you here I cant seem to get 2 email accounts to work both being pop 3 servers issues.. Error msg: unable to open connection to server.. Any ideas? Btw, I have a very good sense of humor and was only kidding..

[EDIT] never mind.. I had to put in the details manually..lol So email issue FIXED!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool. I'm glad. About your sense of humor and that you got it sorted ;)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

Farseer

Reaction score
I'd love to try this, but I can't get past a boot-loop.

I have a DroidX, and using the Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery (needed to install GB ROM)

I installed the .zip using clockwork recovery, and got a boot-loop.
I wiped the cache in clockwork recovery, but continued to get a boot-loop.
Reinstalling GB Liberty v.9 from clockwork recovery gets me running again, but I can't seem to install this theme.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score

I have a DroidX, and using the Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery (needed to install GB ROM)

Reinstalling GB Liberty v.9 from clockwork recovery gets me running again, but I can't seem to install this theme.

Any thoughts?

You might need to data wipe/factory reset. But you lose everything on your phone if you do that. :-/

Farseer

Reaction score

Any thoughts?

You might need to data wipe/factory reset. But you lose everything on your phone if you do that. :-/

Yeah, I thought about that, but this is the first thing I tried after a full wipe/reset before loading Liberty v0.9. Granted, I did restore my apps with Titanium first, so I suppose it couldn't hurt to try it without restoring any apps first. Thanks!