Gingerbread getting closer

J

JohnDroid

gingerbread-air-benchmark.jpg

If you've been itching for any little piece of Gingerbread news then I've got the fix for you. One of the more popular benchmarks (AIRBench) tracks the information on the devices which run the app. So, this allows them to have a small sneak peak as to what OS devices floating around out there might be running. He now has another newer result of a Gingerbread build running the benchmark upgraded to GRH47B from GRH14B. So rest easy, Google is testing this (of course, they are using their favorite Nexus One for testing)

(Source: AIRBench, Android Central)

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Dolphin Browser HD has released an update for compatibility with 2.3, so yes its getting closer :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
How could it possibly be fake? That link is talking about how the writer edited the picture.
We aren't talking about a picture! It's a link to the airbenchmark website!!

AIRBench

See!!!!!!

Does that make sense to whoever thinks its fake?

They released the first build benchmark. Now this one. Its not like the link is fake.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The link actually discusses not only editing the picture but the name of the build in phone, also if you read to the end of the article they pose questions about the way the gb system was named. I'm not saying it is or isn't true i'm just posting a link that's all.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

its.mike

Reaction score
How could it possibly be fake? That link is talking about how the writer edited the picture.
We aren't talking about a picture! It's a link to the airbenchmark website!!

AIRBench

See!!!!!!

Does that make sense to whoever thinks its fake?

They released the first build benchmark. Now this one. Its not like the link is fake.
AIRBench < Look a link to the AirBenchMark site with a FAKE OS Build.

Its not hard to submit fake info to a third party website. Heck once you get the POST URL you don't even need a phone to do it.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
I didnt know it was a website where anyone could submit information. I figured it was like a legit website that just showed information about phones.

_33

Reaction score
Just got a new Droid 2 in the house. I hit "System Update" and it says 2.3.20en.US is ready to install.

Is this 2.3?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just got a new Droid 2 in the house. I hit "System Update" and it says 2.3.20en.US is ready to install.

Is this 2.3?

Nope that's not gingerbread its just the motorola firmware update.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App