HTC Nexus Sailfish Benchmarks Pop Up On GFXBench! Specs Detailed

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

This seems to happen every year. No matter how tight lipped a company can be about their upcoming phones some one on the development team tests what they have created against a popular benchmark tool. Today we found out some important details regarding the specs of the upcoming HTC Nexus Sailfish. Earlier today the device popped on the popular benchmark tool GFXBench. The specs outlined pretty much line up with everything that has been rumored about the device.

The GFXBench listing shows a 5" 1080p display, 12mp rear camera, 8mp front facing camera, 4GB of Ram, Qalcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, and 32GB of storage. This has to be the lower budget model right? I am hoping that the 2 device rumor that is floating around turns out to be correct and we end up getting a higher end Nexus device. Then again if this device lands for $400 or less it would sell like hot cakes.

Are you warming up to this device yet? In reality for me the Nexus series is less about cutting edge specs and more about the Vanilla software and being the first to be able to test out the latest versions of Android. Really if all you care about is dev support and updates this may be the phone to get this fall.

via GFXBench

More Nexus Discussion Here

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are you warming up to this device yet? In reality for me the Nexus series is less about cutting edge specs and more about the Vanilla software and being the first to be able to test out the latest versions of Android. Really if all you care about is dev support and updates this may be the phone to get this fall.

A big fat +1 to that ^^^. Couldn't agree more. My current phone is the Nexus 5X and I can't imagine owning a non-Nexus phone from here on out. Add to that my last was the HTC One (M7) and I'd pick up the Sailfish for $400 in a heartbeat. HTC metal build PLUS a Nexus?!?!!? I'm sold!

-Matt