OnePlus One Beats The Competition in AnTuTu Benchmarks; Including Galaxy S5

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oneplus-one-benchmark.jpg

Although static benchmarks are not a reliable source of information to truly gauge your experience with a smartphone, it can still be entertaining to see how well new devices perform in them. We found some benchmarks which supposedly confirm OnePlus' plans to build a premium and powerful device to take on the competition. Their new OnePlus One, which is set to be released very soon scored an impressive 38,179 AnTuTu benchmark.

By way of comparison, the Samsung Galaxy S5 scored 36,603 on the same test. Technically, the HTC One M8 scored higher in this benchmark with a recent score of 38,815; however, it turns out HTC admitted they tweaked the performance of their device to run faster in benchmarks, which is basically a cheat. Because of that we will discount their test run. This leaves the OnePlus One at the top of the benchmark performance heap.

Of course, we really want to get our hands on the device first to see if that extra horsepower translates into a notable user experience. The OnePlus One is expected to launch in April for around $400 USD.

Source: GforGames

WERA689

Administrator
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One+ One, Nexus 5
Well, my Nexus 5 only got a 17782 on AnTuTu, and it's wicked fast to me. I can't wait til mine gets here now!