The OnePlus 5T Won't Cheat On Benchmarks

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oneplus-5-png.78077

Earlier in the year it was revealed that several OEMs including OnePlus were cheating on Benchmark scores. This was a pretty major deal with plenty of backlash back in 2013 so to see it pop up again this year was a bit surprising. With a Snapdragon 835 processor, 8GB of RAM, and a vanilla Android experience it doesn't really seem necessary for OnePlus to cheat on benchmarks with the OnePlus 5T.

OnePlus has made the commitment to no longer cheat on Benchmarks going forward with the OnePlus 5T. They had this to say on why they implemented app targeting on the OnePlus 5 to begin with.

“We have set the OnePlus 5 to run benchmarks at a high-performance level that is both natural and sustainable for all devices, media and consumer, so that users can see the true potential of the device, when running resource intensive apps and games. At no point do we overclock the CPU, nor do we set a CPU frequency floor.

We are confident our approach best displays the true performance capabilities of the OnePlus 5.”

Benchmarking has never really been the best way to gauge real world performance in my opinion. I guess it is best used for gauging overclock high scores and for bragging rights. What are your thoughts are you glad to see OnePlus take this new stand with the new OnePlus 5T?

via XDA

Attachments

• oneplus-5.png
    oneplus-5.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 2,669

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I never rely on benchmarks anyway. imo since they are not the result of real world usage all they do is confuse things and give tech support work from novices asking questions as to why their phone usage does not match benchmarks.