The Galaxy S8 Has Been Benchmarked And It Destroyed The iPhone 7 Plus

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Mar 22, 2017.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,188

We are already seeing the Galaxy S8 on the Antutu Benchmark, and someone has actually uploaded an Antutu Benchmark video. The new device does indeed utilize the Snapdragon 835 and it performs better than all the other flagships even the iPhone 7 Plus. The video shows the S8 with a score of 205284 which is far better than the 181807 score that the iPhone 7 Plus is able to score. The OnePlus 3T is able to score 162423 and is the highest scoring Android device prior to the Galaxy S8. The big question here is while the S8 has plenty of processing power will it be able to better manage memory than past Galaxy devices. Samsung has purposefully been aggressive with Ram Management in an attempt to save battery life. Maybe this will be a device that can finally beat the iPhone in multitasking tests if Samsung gets Ram Management right.

via CultofMac

2. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Silver Member

Ratings:
    +618
    Countdown to Apple releasing a video of why this isn't true..........

• Like Like x 1
  3. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,014
    It's all irrelevant now. My phone has snapdragon 625 and I have yet to come across anything that would make the phone hiccup or stutter while multitasking half a dozen apps at any time and it's been 13 days since my last reboot. Actually last time I rebooted was when phone installed nougat.

4. wardo

wardo Active Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Exactly. Not even sure what snapwaggon my s6 has but i highly doubt I'll ever notice compared to the newest chip

5. Briankbl

Briankbl Active Member

Ratings:
    +97
    Didn't watch the video, but is this person testing the Exynos version or the inferior snapdragon one?

6. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,813
    Plus, to add to what you guys already commented on, I expected it to crush the iPhone 7+. The iPhone 7 plus was last year's phone just like the S7, pixel, and so on. I'm glad Samsung is making progress but beating last year's chipsets is part of meeting said progress.

In other words, this news is just another check box showing Samsung is moving forward with making a better device than what they put out last year. But I'm not going to hold this device in iPhone fans faces because it would be similar to then saying the iPhone 7 performance was better then the previous year's Android device.... "well yeah because they used older tech".

Lastly no matter how well Samsung phones perform in benchmarks I find that their performance degrade over time while devices like me Nexus performs better. Probably because of constant updates and lack of bloat.

I'll take Samsung's hardware but they can keep their software. But to give them so credit here. "Hey Google, this is what a premium device should look like. Take notes for the pixel 2."

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

7. Briankbl

Briankbl Active Member

Ratings:
    +97
    I, personally, am getting sick of double glass. Glass on front. Glass on back. Double the chance of cracking my phone. Glass also means non-removable batteries. Glass also means slippery as heck. Glass AND the thinness means super hard to hold. Lastly, those freaking annoying curved edges(infinity display). Holding the phone like you would any other phone causes your fingers to touch the sides, meaning unwanted input and "phantom touches". Samsung forces you to buy a case because A) front and back are glass, and B) you need a case so you can hold the phone without touching the curved edges.

Just give me a phone that looks decent(doesn't have to look like the sexiest mobile device ever), incredibly comfortable to hold, removable battery, thicker for bigger battery sizes and better specs. That's what I want. A device with room inside for monster specs, which still is decent to look at on the outside.

• Like Like x 1
  8. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,014
    Have you seen moto z phones?

9. Briankbl

Briankbl Active Member

Ratings:
    +97
    "Droid" branded phones are Verizon exclusive. I have T-Mobile.

10. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,074
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    No they aren't.

[​IMG]

11. radon222

radon222 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +341
    Well technically yes they still are.

The "Moto Z Play" Unlocked is just that unlocked to all carriers. the "Moto Z Play DROID" edition is a Verizon exclusive.

EDITTED to add - Of course I posted the above without looking at the image you posted <head smack>

12. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,014
    I'm on TMobile also. Moto makes unlocked phones for att and tmo. I'm using z play and it's fantastic. It's battery life is unreal. People don't believe me that you can 9-10 hours of screen time on single charge without battery mod. It's only down side is it's camera, performs rather poorly in low light situations.