Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Gingerbread for the DROID X Arrives, Reminds us of the DROID BIONIC

bionic-new-blur.jpg

MyDroidWorld got a hold of something that should excite all of the DROID X readers in the world. Who’s ready for Gingerbread (Android 2.3) with the brand new version of Blur that we showed you all at CES? I know, I know, you all hate MotoBlur. The new version that was featured on the DROID BIONIC, was actually not bad. It no longer looks like it was made for toddlers, has some really nice new shortcuts within apps/menus, and will likely be a strong competitor with HTC’s Sense for best skin.

Source Droid Life

turdbogls

Reaction score
just read this over there. i am pretty excited to see what we can get out of this device. makes the DX still, the best phone on Verizon right now. hope it comes sooner than later. my phone is great as is running GummyJar2.5, can't even imagine it being any better.

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if I even want gingerbread at this point. Really I'm thinkng 2.2 has tons of great roms, I'm on liberty. And how long was froyo out before we got something as good as that? Stupid locked bootloader! Ahhhhh!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cant yet. Closest thing u can get is the theme. Dumb locked bootloader lol

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I'm just wondering if I even want gingerbread at this point. Really I'm thinkng 2.2 has tons of great roms, I'm on liberty. And how long was froyo out before we got something as good as that? Stupid locked bootloader! Ahhhhh!

I'm on Liberty also, and I love it! If we officially update to Gingerbread will we not be able to run Liberty any longer? That's pretty much a dealbreaker for me if that's the case...

But say I updated to Gingerbread then decided to revert back to one of my backups, would that screw things up also?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The developers should be pretty quick to update their roms to gb. What you could do is stay on liberty froyo and ignore the update till keejar and jrummy release the gb liberty and then update and immediately flash it.

tappin and a talkin

Kamau

Reaction score
Ok all, help out a newbie still figuring out his droid.
What are liberty and gummy jar exactly?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kinda excited about this item read in P3Droid's tweet that it can't be rooted yet though? Not sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

louy99

Reaction score
Ok all, help out a newbie still figuring out his droid.
What are liberty and gummy jar exactly?

Roms that can be flashed over your existing stock android OS. You need to be rooted to do so.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Kamau

Reaction score
I rooted my droid a few days ago, but still in the learning curve.
Does that mean it's like a theme for rooted phones, or more along the lines of applications?

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
What is gingerbread and how can I get the 2.3 android for my droid x

louy99

Reaction score
It kind of replaces the stock os your are using with a faster one without all that added crap that slows your phone. Your phone tends to run a lot faster and better battery life. I was using fission but just switched to liberty. Before you do anything, you MUST make a backup of your stock rooted phone. After backing up, you can experiment all you want and not be worried about messing up your phone...you can always resote back to stock and try again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Technoman

Reaction score
What is gingerbread and how can I get the 2.3 android for my droid x

Gingerbread is the code name for Android 2.3 version of software. All Android versions have code names (the current one if you are stock OTA is Frozen Yogurt or Froyo for short).

piquat

Reaction score
Maybe the OP stated it, but for a newb, this isn't just another ROM right? This is the actual OTA official release of GB to the DroidX. (well, rumored, or supposed to be, I get the "shaky information, don't bank on it" part)