Gingerbread for the DROID X Arrives, Reminds us of the DROID BIONIC

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As far as I understand it, this is about a leak of the gingerbread update for the droid x, meaning that if it is a leak it will be available to root users first. But that it will be basically an advanced copy of the official update. I could be off base though.

tappin and a talkin

piquat

Reaction score
So basically, to non-ROM users, it says "it's coming, just wait".

Thanks!

Kamau

Reaction score
It kind of replaces the stock os your are using with a faster one without all that added crap that slows your phone. Your phone tends to run a lot faster and better battery life. I was using fission but just switched to liberty. Before you do anything, you MUST make a backup of your stock rooted phone. After backing up, you can experiment all you want and not be worried about messing up your phone...you can always resote back to stock and try again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Ok, I installed the Titanium backup and backed up my system and apps. Now, how do I get Liberty?

the5barrons

Reaction score
The DX owners running any of the well-worked roms now are going to fall into the same conundrum that we always face when there is an OTA lurking. I came off of 928 BGX theme (which isn't a ROM) to get the latest ota, and then ended jumping into Darkslide 4.1 (then quickly to 4.2) before shipping out overseas.

The question will sit unless you just jump at it. I mean how much can we just listen and watch the boards for those who've made the jump and either praise or complain about GB when it debuts?

Usually, the leading devs have something based off a leak that quickly turns into working roms for the full official ota updates. Patience is definitely part of the DX game.

If you run stock, and plan to stay stock...no worries, your DX will take GB and not suffer anything more than either an inconvienice or actually be better to your flavor pallette. ROM'd users have to come so far back just to get to the ota, and then to think about losing what time and effort you've got invested in your DX only to possibly lose it all because you end up hating the new update and wont be able to get back your perfect setup?!?!

Well, I'm just rambling now. It's been a while since I posted. Hope I haven't missed much. It's not looking like much is happening....although gingerbread making it's way to DX ought to be interesting.

mjforte

Reaction score
The only downside I see to this is if the Droid X gets Gingerbread soon, won't it be silly that the Droid Bionic is only releasing with Froyo? Why can't manufacturers release new phones with the most current version of Android?

louy99

Reaction score
It kind of replaces the stock os your are using with a faster one without all that added crap that slows your phone. Your phone tends to run a lot faster and better battery life. I was using fission but just switched to liberty. Before you do anything, you MUST make a backup of your stock rooted phone. After backing up, you can experiment all you want and not be worried about messing up your phone...you can always resote back to stock and try again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Ok, I installed the Titanium backup and backed up my system and apps. Now, how do I get Liberty?
You have a Droid X?

sent from my Liberated Droid2 yo!

louy99

Reaction score
you need droid bootstrapper from the market

here is a link to liberty:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...m-eagle-has-landed-liberty-1-0-1-11-11-a.html

i downloaded this file to my pc first and transfered it to my sd card after. that way i have a packup of the liberty rom on my pc. i also suggest making a copy of your stock rom on your pc just in case your sd card ever goes bad.

when using bootstrapper be sure to" hit bootstrap" recovery first. wait for the "ok" button then hit "reboot recovery".

from there just follow the very few simple instructions and your phone will do the rest. when you have it loaded up you can use the liberty tool app that should be installed to change things to your liking.

Enjoy!