GB vs. Liberty 1.5

junebug

Reaction score
Sorry,, duh I know how to backup, i just never call it nandroid. Still wondering if TB 3g Hotspot patch will work if I flash GB or will I have to reinstall it

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Prolly have to reinstall it after the gb update. However, it may not work, not sure what it uses but it may use some of the froyo files that get replaced with gb.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Kimo91

Reaction score
I finally downloaded the rooted GB this morning but I'm going to wait a while before I try it out. Seems to bee too many issues right now for me to attempt it

Sent from Kimo91's Rooted and Liberated Droid 2

leakim13

Reaction score
What issues? Just follow the posted directions to the letter and its a wonderful gingerlicious world. (I never really minded blur and this seems mild....)

Livin' Free and Not Dyin'

XanRules

Reaction score
so if I don't like GB, I have to SBF and then flash from nandroid to go back to Liberty?

wiggin105

Reaction score
Tried it out today, but it was still too blur for me. Just switched back. There was some great features, though. Have no idea if they're Ginger or Blur. Really the only thing I want is the boost in speed and the uninstall option in the app drawer.

mardoon

Reaction score
I ran GB for about 24 hr. Only real issue was wireless tether(suck if work at all). PDA net work fine but I use a Nook Color for GMail and web at work. Back on Liberty 1.5 :)
Peace
Mardoon

Inverse

Reaction score
I'll be honest, it's really~ really nice not having to worry about random reboots of hitting the power button and having it not wake up from a lock screen. Even with No Lock, LB was a gamble on if I could get the phone to get me to a screen when I hit the button. Worst thing to happen when you're driving, screen goes out due to a text on the road and you lose your GPS because it takes five minutes for it to come back on. I liked Liberty a lot, enough to ignore issues like these~ but damn if this GB leak isn't rock solid. It's nice to have that out of the box reliability.

mrm0rbid99

Reaction score
Ok so the in-pocket lock works a little too well. I find myself at times covering the sensor and accidently locking my screen. But I must admit its nice to see the screen off ani when im not expecting it. Will liberty 2.0feature this new proximity lock?

tb110895

Reaction score
Ok so the in-pocket lock works a little too well. I find myself at times covering the sensor and accidently locking my screen. But I must admit its nice to see the screen off ani when im not expecting it. Will liberty 2.0feature this new proximity lock?

It was locking so much on me I had to turn it off. Lol

Sent From A GB'ed Droid 2

Cwagmire

Reaction score
I'll be honest, it's really~ really nice not having to worry about random reboots of hitting the power button and having it not wake up from a lock screen. Even with No Lock, LB was a gamble on if I could get the phone to get me to a screen when I hit the button. Worst thing to happen when you're driving, screen goes out due to a text on the road and you lose your GPS because it takes five minutes for it to come back on. I liked Liberty a lot, enough to ignore issues like these~ but damn if this GB leak isn't rock solid. It's nice to have that out of the box reliability.

That is my worries with Liberty. Fortunately I think I have kept it from happening again by rebooting the phone before every recharge.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

That is my worries with Liberty. Fortunately I think I have kept it from happening again by rebooting the phone before every recharge.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

If it helps any, i havent had any of the reboots from liberty 2. That was one of the main things they fixed.