GB vs. Liberty 1.5

leakim13

Reaction score
The only two problems I have are

The apps I move to sd when I plug into a computer simply disappear off my launcher. Very frustrating since I figured this out after setting up the phone. Once I moved the apps back to the phone they stopped disappearing when plugged in.

Also wireless tethering is broken :( booo! Let me know if anyone has a fix.

Otherwise my lag, and when i open the keyboard freeze is gone, as is the screen going super dim and taking 5-10 seconds to come on from sleep. Only day one, but no issues yet.

Very nice cant wait for it to be tweaked, there is a bunch of crap on here.

My teather works fine....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Micro23

Reaction score
sweet which tether are you using buddy? I'm using Wireless Tether with the green icon from the appstore. It is for sure not working even the comments say so.

destes37

Reaction score
My battery life with Gingerbread is horrible. Down to 70% from 100 in 1 hour with no use at all. Flashing to stock stock then back to Liberty I go.

Micro23

Reaction score
Sounds like your doing something wrong... I'm still above 90% and I'm going on 2 hours.

Micro23

Reaction score
Sorry, what I meant to say was...

Maybe you have a ton of widgets or old applications (task killers startup killers battery managers etc...) that are interfering with your battery.

I just find it hard to believe your getting drastically worse battery. It just does not make sense. Especially with no use, thats just ridiculous.

destes37

Reaction score
Sorry, what I meant to say was...

Maybe you have a ton of widgets or old applications (task killers startup killers battery managers etc...) that are interfering with your battery.

I just find it hard to believe your getting drastically worse battery. It just does not make sense. Especially with no use, thats just ridiculous.
My phone apps are kept to a minimum. I have no task killers and it seems odd to me as well. I am at a lose and will am already rockin my Liberty all over again.

tb110895

Reaction score
sweet which tether are you using buddy? I'm using Wireless Tether with the green icon from the appstore. It is for sure not working even the comments say so.

That's the one I'm using and it works great. No problems at all.
If it makes a difference, I set it to channel 6 in the settings but that's all I changed

Sent for a D2 running GB

Micro23

Reaction score
Alright so I tested again since you posted.

The green wifi app now turns on and also turns on my "3g hotspot app" but still will not let me connect with an ip.

When I turned on the "3g hotspot app" i cringed because i feel like Verizon is somehow going to charge me but it looks like its working.

I didn't activate or enable anything so I find it hard to believe they could charge me but hell I think I should just wait this out.....

I dont need tether any-day soon.... hopefully ;)

Inverse

Reaction score
Using Gingerblur for now~ really liking it so far, but miss a lot of the things of Liberty. For one, I don't want to LOSE Blur on this new version, but enjoyed the lighter package without the Verizon garbage. The new Blur is a massive improvement, but Liberty is absolutely tops. Hope the future versions of Liberty incorporate a bit of the new GB with options for with or without the new Blur. (I prefer the Blur Camera and Gallery for instance, but prefer Liberty almost everywhere else~)

Jordan8

Reaction score
+1 to Gingerbread, it's really smooth & looks nice too. Not to mention I'm getting 2000+ on quadrant, averaged around 1400ish on Liberty.

zwolf4444

Reaction score
Liking the blue +1 gingerbread. Liking the various gingerbread application management features +1 gingerbread. Can't play divx video without massive, battery-pull-requiring slowdown -1000 gingebread.

junebug

Reaction score
What is the best and way to go from Liberty 1.5 to the rooted gingerbread leak on a D2? Im still new to this stuff

Inverse

Reaction score
Make a nandroid backup~ wipe cache and data, install the prerooted GB leak zip, reboot~ activate your phone, enjoy.

junebug

Reaction score
Make nandroid back up? Please explain. I think ill have to reiinstall bootstrap I took it off while running liberty to install 3g hotspot patch, wonder if that patch will work on Gingerbread