GB vs. Liberty 1.5

OP
pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of liberty mostly because of wy contacts and that it shows the organization in the caller id. I'm pretty sure the dialer in blur is most likely the same as in froyo but if someone can post a pic or confirm...thanks.

Yes GB dialer is exactly the same just with a fancy new color scheme.

hond2

Reaction score
+1 for Gingerbread. I'm all for Liberty 1.5, but had to try the GB leak. Now I just have to get the rooted version. Will have to see what the Liberty update sounds like, otherwise planning on staying with Gingerbread.

Sent from my previously Liberated DROID2 using DroidForums

sparkyman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Do youhave to SBC first to use the rooted gb rom

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no, just flash it in clockwork like any other rom, but you'll need to sbf to get back to froyo.

reuuin88

Reaction score
Id say its on par with liberty 1.5. Nothing to jump hoops over. But not worth sbfing back to 1.5. Im eagerly awaiting 2.0 or whatever the froyo update is. :)

jschoef

Reaction score
So if I install the rooted gb, I can't revert to my backup of liberty with nandroid... I have to sbf? I'm guessing because it will bootloop?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

knivesout

Reaction score
Correct. To get back to 2.2 you need to SBF. Once back on 2.2 you should be able to restore your backup.

McClelland21

Reaction score
GB Sounds great and looks amazing but i'm sure everyone well agree it has to be rooted and malicious item will have to be taken off. If we could do that then I would try GB.

Running Liberty 1.5 on D2G with no problems!!! except Sensors, Who needs that though

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
GB Sounds great and looks amazing but i'm sure everyone well agree it has to be rooted and malicious item will have to be taken off. If we could do that then I would try GB.

Running Liberty 1.5 on D2G with no problems!!! except Sensors, Who needs that though

malicious item?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

malicious item?

Prolly blur? Haven't played with gb since we haven't gotten the d2g release yet so im not sure how blur acts.

Yea, I haven't had sensors in in about a month and a half other than the wk I was running fission for keyboard lights, now we got them though :) I also found them to be more annoying then helpful, especially the autotilt.

Sent from my Liberated D2G