GB vs. Liberty 1.5

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just curious how many of us Liberty users have tried the new GB leak? I'm flashing as we speak and will report results. From what I've heard this could be a breakthrough but I'm also kinda confused. Isn't Liberty built from source with the GB sdk? If so how is this leak any different? If anyone else jumps from Liberty to this leak post results here.

foxky

Reaction score
it is completely different. gblur is pretty cool though, but liberty doesn't have the battery life on my phone to convince me to revert. I love gb lolol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i'm still running it and i figured i'd give it about 24 hours, which is rapidly approaching. i'll probably sbf back to froyo tonight i anticipation of the release of liberty 2.0

although i like the gblur i don't think i could make it my daily driver, especially without root.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I was running Liberty 1.5 since its release and up until a week ago. Back to stock froyo now and all this GB talk on the forum has got me itchin to try it.

Very interested in this comparison, but with the a newer version of Liberty coming soon I think that would be a better candidate. As both would be relatively new to all of us.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I would like to stick with Liberty but I'm curious as to how a stock ROM will hold up. Lately I have such bad random shut downs and reboots with Liberty. If I can achieve the same speed and ability to customize with a stock ROM I'm thinking it has to be more stable. We shall see so far I'm liking what I see on GB though :)

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
There isn't any word on updated liberty soon though I thought, everyone says its stir up of trying to get someone to just say it and push for it sooner then wanted

thebird36

Reaction score
There isn't any word on updated liberty soon though I thought, everyone says its stir up of trying to get someone to just say it and push for it sooner then wanted

actually jrummy quote said "shooting for a RC for Liberty on Wednesday. More details to come ;)" on twitter. so i guess we'll hear more soon lol

LocoRon

Reaction score
Personally, I'm sticking with the Liberty train.

Hopefully the planned 2.0 will still be released the way it was intended (rather than being delayed to make use of this pre-release GB), and then Liberty 2.5 (3.0?) sometime after GB is officially released.

Even if it means waiting a bit longer to get my gingerbread, I'd rather just stick it out with Liberty.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Still waiting for d2g gingerbread, ill probably go over to it for a day or two when its released but unless im really really impressed ill probably go back to liberty. Although now that p3 has gingerbread rooted maybe we'll get gingieliberty? =D

Sent from my Liberated D2G

elvyrorie

Reaction score
i'm still running it and i figured i'd give it about 24 hours, which is rapidly approaching. i'll probably sbf back to froyo tonight i anticipation of the release of liberty 2.0

although i like the gblur i don't think i could make it my daily driver, especially without root.

I'm with you on this one.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

leakim13

Reaction score
Im a huge fan of Gbread and have bneen rocking each version of liberty back to gjar1 lol

bat life seems a lot better, service seems a bit stronger, phone is snappy and has a lot of pretty cool options that i have been waiting for...

resize widgets without launcher pro, dual zoom on camera, sleep mode on shut down menu, profiles, and app sub menus that you configure yourself.

Edit: now trying out gbread rooted. Very exciting week

Last edited:

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Dang it, will have to do this tonight when I get home.

jschoef

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of liberty mostly because of wy contacts and that it shows the organization in the caller id. I'm pretty sure the dialer in blur is most likely the same as in froyo but if someone can post a pic or confirm...thanks.