Galaxy S3 screen cracked by itself.... anyone else? Verizon..

Beka27

Reaction score
I hope people who have experienced random cracking will contact both Verizon and Samsung and file a complaint. If this is a manufacturer defect, more than one or two people need to publicize this to have them really make an effort to see what's going on. It could be a bad batch of glass, or a bad design that is causing this to occur. I hope someone looks into this.

In the meantime, those who have been going "b@lls out" with their devices might want to reconsider their stance on SPs and cases...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Nexus has more of a curve then anything but I guess if this new generation isn't as thick it could be a issue. Sounds like gorilla glass 2 needs to go down the road lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

It's also supposed to be tougher so... Hopefully just a bad batch

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

skennelly

Reaction score
I have never purchased insurance for my tablets. I bought one at best buy and they are forever trying to sell you insurance and/or a protection plan of some kind. To avoid the long explanation, I simply ask "how long do I have to purchase it?" Whatever they tell me 15 or 30 days, and they always say "you have to bring the device back in so we can inspect it before you can buy insurance."

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
skennelly said:
I have never purchased insurance for my tablets. I bought one at best buy and they are forever trying to sell you insurance and/or a protection plan of some kind. To avoid the long explanation, I simply ask "how long do I have to purchase it?" Whatever they tell me 15 or 30 days, and they always say "you have to bring the device back in so we can inspect it before you can buy insurance."

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

Exactly my point, if asurion had places setup u can bet ur gonna have to have them check it before they can insure it.

shortsxit

Reaction score
wow..

Verizon offers a 14 day grace period correct?

therefore if anything happens within that 14 day grace period you are fine... you buy the phone, don't get insurance and two days later you run it over with your car you then think to yourself... maybe I should have got the insurance... that is why there is a grace period, to allow you to add the insurance. I'm pretty sure after the 14 days you cannot add insurance and you're boned if this happens.

so though it may technically be fraud, which btw

it's more likely that asurion realized they will get more customers by allowing said 14 day grace period.

at least it's not like this Arrests Over $2 Million Cellphone Insurance Fraud

That's only if the phone is working! You can't do that if the phone is already broken. You can't be this stupid...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's only if the phone is working! You can't do that if the phone is already broken. You can't be this stupid...

Yes bad example

I cracked screen doesn't prevent the phone from working. I'm not saying go run your damn phone over than get insurance, (i mentioned it and I'm sure people get away with it if the phone still works...) but if your screen breaks like this guys and they are saying insurance is your only option aside from say trying to take it to court, then get the f#####g insurance and get your phone fixed. Or call Samsung and demand they do something which may or may not work. If this is a widespread problem and they have to do a recall you'll more than likely be compensated but walking around with a busted screen sucks, especially when you didn't so it

I personally always have some kind of protection on my phone, careful or not it goes everywhere with me. Being in the army that means training and I've had some crazy stuff happen. You just never know, i figure better safe than sorry.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
liftedplane said:
There has definitely been worse, barely but there has been

Maybe but when reading these comments makes me think of the different times that I had to talk to my 16, 9, 8, and 5 year old kids and explain to them that there is a difference between right and wrong and just because you can get away with something does not make it right and OK to do. I understand that the guy is in a bad spot but that does not give him the right to cheat the system. He needs to call Verizon talk to a supervisor get him to look at the websites that prove that this is not the only phone that this has happen too. And I guarantee that they will replace his phone. My battery kept coming loose on my S3 and they replaced mine with a new device.

Sectime

Reaction score
Maybe but when reading these comments makes me think of the different times that I had to talk to my 16, 9, 8, and 5 year old kids and explain to them that there is a difference between right and wrong and just because you can get away with something does not make it right and OK to do. I understand that the guy is in a bad spot but that does not give him the right to cheat the system. He needs to call Verizon talk to a supervisor get him to look at the websites that prove that this is not the only phone that this has happen too. And I guarantee that they will replace his phone. My battery kept coming loose on my S3 and they replaced mine with a new device.
People disagree but this thread is not dumb just some of the Moral high ground comments and the trolls of course:kiss:. If Verizon or any cellular company didn't support this grace period then ok. Why do they have the grace period? Basically 14 days of free insurance. How do you explain to your kids that farmers get free money not to plant crops? Just an example. Oh and you can't guarantee a thing except your opinion.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Sectime said:
People disagree but this thread is not dumb just some of the Moral high ground comments and the trolls of course:kiss:. If Verizon or any cellular company didn't support this grace period then ok. Why do they have the grace period? Basically 14 days of free insurance. How do you explain to your kids that farmers get free money not to plant crops? Just an example. Oh and you can't guarantee a thing except your opinion.

I never said the thread was dumb I said the conversation was dumb. But the funny thing for me is is my wife called me about an hour ago and she told me that she picked up her phone to call me and her screen is cracked as well. I called Verizon which they had me call Samsung to tell them about it which Samsung told me it would cost me 180$ to repair the screen through them. I called Verizon back and they told me that they are going to look in to it and they would call me back.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
I never said the thread was dumb I said the conversation was dumb. But the funny thing for me is is my wife called me about an hour ago and she told me that she picked up her phone to call me and her screen is cracked as well. I called Verizon which they had me call Samsung to tell them about it which Samsung told me it would cost me 180$ to repair the screen through them. I called Verizon back and they told me that they are going to look in to it and they would call me back.

R u kidding me???? Damn my mom and dad are getting new phones tomorrow on ATT and now I'm afraid to recommend the S3.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
INCREMENTAL said:
R u kidding me???? Damn my mom and dad are getting new phones tomorrow on ATT and now I'm afraid to recommend the S3.

The S3 is a great phone. I do not know about ATT but I know Verizon will take care of it. I just left the Verizon store and they told me to get the phone from my wife and if there is no damage on the phone and it does not look like she scratched it on something then they would replace it

Sectime

Reaction score
The S3 is a great phone. I do not know about ATT but I know Verizon will take care of it. I just left the Verizon store and they told me to get the phone from my wife and if there is no damage on the phone and it does not look like she scratched it on something then they would replace it
Verizon and Apple should teach good customer service classes.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Sectime said:
Verizon and Apple should teach good customer service classes.

This is the second S3 that they have replaced. They replaced mine because the battery kept coming loose and they are replacing my wifes because of the cracked screen. I like Verizon they stand behind their product and they take care of their customers