Galaxy S3 screen cracked by itself.... anyone else? Verizon..

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
What phone insurance has a 200 hundred doller deductible

Yeah my mom and dad just got S3s on ATT, its 200 to replace

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jakesing

Reaction score
Better then retail for phone right?

Of course but there has got to be something we/I/you can do - these screens are ****e and so why should pay $200 only to have to deal with this whole thing again in another week when the new one shatters.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
jakesing said:
Of course but there has got to be something we/I/you can do - these screens are ****e and so why should pay $200 only to have to deal with this whole thing again in another week when the new one shatters.

This is what I would do http://galaxys3root.com/galaxy-s3-root/how-to-replace-broken-lcd-screen-on-galaxy-s3/ cause I fix my own stuff but I don't own a S3. Just been reading up on them cause my parents each got one but so far no issues I hope. Me I own Moto so that's all I got to say but I feel for the ones that have issues.

kparks

Reaction score
INCREMENTAL said:
Yeah my mom and dad just got S3s on ATT, its 200 to replace

F that I'd take my chances... paying each month then a 200$ deductible Naaaa they ain't getting me. u know u don't have to get there insurance u can get cheaper online!

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
kparks said:
F that I'd take my chances... paying each month then a 200$ deductible Naaaa they ain't getting me. u know u don't have to get there insurance u can get cheaper online!

Yeah F that is what I said to the ATT lady when I was showing my parents the phones. I told her VZWs is way better, she got all mad haha

kparks

Reaction score
INCREMENTAL said:
Yeah F that is what I said to the ATT lady when I was showing my parents the phones. I told her VZWs is way better, she got all mad haha

If u pay that for the 2 years then add the deductible ur paying more than the phone is new haha.. I'd take my chances if it breaks I'd buy another off ebay then if I broke that I'd get a junk phone till my upgrade

jgmecarter

Reaction score
INCREMENTAL said:
$7 a month for ATT

same price as Verizon a month but double the deductible. That sucks

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
My 2 daughters and I each have smart phones plus a spare Rezound. I don't pay insurance on any of the phones and save $21 per month. I can already pay full price for a phone and will have saved money. It is an individual choice but for me it pays to self insure.

But since this is an S3 thread, some dedicated person might want to start a new thread dedicated to tracking cracked screens.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
My 2 daughters and I each have smart phones plus a spare Rezound. I don't pay insurance on any of the phones and save $21 per month. I can already pay full price for a phone and will have saved money. It is an individual choice but for me it pays to self insure.

But since this is an S3 thread, some dedicated person might want to start a new thread dedicated to tracking cracked screens.

I know that they moment I get rid if insurance I'll need it

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

kparks

Reaction score
Mike.757 said:

The problem with that is some are true where the screen prolly just cracked and some are BS

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
liftedplane said:
I know that they moment I get rid if insurance I'll need it

I saw a"like new" Verizon Bionic on Amazon for $200. Since the deductible would cost you $100, the actual cost is only $100 extra. Easily made up in the course of the year! Of course you cannot find an S3 for that right now but remember the Bionic is only 9 months old.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I saw a"like new" Verizon Bionic on Amazon for $200. Since the deductible would cost you $100, the actual cost is only $100 extra. Easily made up in the course of the year! Of course you cannot find an S3 for that right now but remember the Bionic is only 9 months old.

True, however I've used the fact that vzw also extends the warranty to have certain phones on my plan replaced upwards of three times. Like my old d2g that my brother uses...

I have been trying to get a nexus lately on Ebay... Its amazing what some people will pay for a phone that says its a pos. I've got some pretty amazing deals before though

OP
D

dscrap

Reaction score
Well I waited a week or so to see if there was a widespread problem with the phone's screen and have only seen about a dozen posts. Hopefully it was a fluke. Anyway, I submitted an insurance claim today online and I already have a tracking number. If I hadn't just gotten the phone I may have waited to upgrade or if prices went down I've bought a new one. It cost me $99 for the deductible and they are shipping me a brand new Galaxy S3 Blue 32gb phone with free overnight shipping. I think the insurance is about $7 a month and I'll keep it for a year since I can still file one more claim. My next phone I will be full retail with coverage by my credit card since I was grandfathered into unlimited data. Which is a plus since Verizon can no longer block tethering apps from the market. I also get to keep my charger, sim card, battery, and cover. So I guess If i had to buy them new I would be spending almost as much as the deducible. They will also charge me $300 if I don't return the phone in 15 days... Hopefully I don't have a similar problem with the new one.