Galaxy nexus cracked screen HELP!!!

mikeyforgot

Reaction score
Ok so I dropped my nexus perfectly flat on the front and cracked the screen laterally/midline. I Have verizon and insurance on the phone. How do I approach the verizon gate keepers about getting it replaced. Do I just go in and say its cracked and hope they dont hassle me and replace it or say it was stolen or something alone those lines. Also I have had some random reboots which isn't a big issue but might help the selling point of getting a new replacement. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have insurance it's covered, no need to lie about what happened - you'll end up paying $100 for a replacement and assurion should have it to you within two days :)

OP
M

mikeyforgot

Reaction score
Thank you, starting to calm down. First time I had to go through this ****.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to replace a phone before, the first hours were kinda stressful until I realized things were going to work out easily :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What tp said.

Good thing you got insurance on it.

OP
M

mikeyforgot

Reaction score
I feel so much better. From my moto droid on I will never get a smart/superphone without ins. Too costly of a mistake plus I cant have nice things.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I feel so much better. From my moto droid on I will never get a smart/superphone without ins. Too costly of a mistake plus I cant have nice things.
Exactly why insurance is an option:)

I personally don't have it, but if for some reason there's a day where I wish I had it, I'll get it from then on.

OP
M

mikeyforgot

Reaction score
Now let me pose this. I have the incipio case and thinking otterbox defender. I dont see too much of a difference but you think there is any stock in it protecting the phone better?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the otterbox and it's tough but I think a fall at the right angle could be disastrous with any case

alboboy10

Reaction score
Exactly why insurance is an option:)

I personally don't have it, but if for some reason there's a day where I wish I had it, I'll get it from then on.

I think you only have a month to get insurance.

nadav64

Reaction score
If you pay for insurance why would you need to lie about what happened to your phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I have the otterbox and it's tough but I think a fall at the right angle could be disastrous with any case

I think the Defender could hold up to just about anything. I've watched some youtube drop tests and man, this thing is tough!

Detonation

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I don't see insurance being worth it, unless you break your phone like a month after you get it.

At $7/mo + $100, its almost $150 after 6 months and $185 after 12 months to get a refurb replacement. If you were to instead sell the broken phone for parts (~$100+) and buy a used one (~$300 6 months from now), that's $200 out of pocket. I'll take the risk of having to maybe spend an extra $50 IF I break my phone, rather than spending $7/mo either way.

t35rk

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I don't see insurance being worth it, unless you break your phone like a month after you get it.

At $7/mo + $100, its almost $150 after 6 months and $185 after 12 months to get a refurb replacement. If you were to instead sell the broken phone for parts (~$100+) and buy a used one (~$300 6 months from now), that's $200 out of pocket. I'll take the risk of having to maybe spend an extra $50 IF I break my phone, rather than spending $7/mo either way.

I agree with this line of thinking. Although one must keep in mind that a used device comes with no warranty.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

GoBears

Reaction score
Because small monthly payments are much more affordable and a lot easier when you actually need the replacement. There's a convenience factor involved as well. No selling and buying off third parties. The insurance I have is 5.99/mo with a 75 dollar deductible. Plus I get a loaner phone until my replacement comes in. Well worth it to me.