Galaxy nexus cracked screen HELP!!!

twright86

Reaction score
The Asurion insurance is probably the best choice I ever made.

Have had 3 different phones replaced due to damage over the last 6 years, 1 crappy flip phone, 1 OG droid, and 1 Droid 2 global (that I absolutely shattered the screen).

No questions asked, promptly shipped next day.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I don't see insurance being worth it, unless you break your phone like a month after you get it.

At $7/mo + $100, its almost $150 after 6 months and $185 after 12 months to get a refurb replacement. If you were to instead sell the broken phone for parts (~$100+) and buy a used one (~$300 6 months from now), that's $200 out of pocket. I'll take the risk of having to maybe spend an extra $50 IF I break my phone, rather than spending $7/mo either way.

Lol everyone knows insurances are bull. Obviously they have to make money somehow

Insurances are for people who just wants things to be easy for them. People who are willing to pay seven bucks a month and feel safe. I thought you had to pay 50 for a new phone though not 100. Now I definitely would never get insurance

twright86

Reaction score
Lol everyone knows insurances are bull. Obviously they have to make money somehow

Insurances are for people who just wants things to be easy for them. People who are willing to pay seven bucks a month and feel safe. I thought you had to pay 50 for a new phone though not 100. Now I definitely would never get insurance
So you wouldn't get insurance on a 600 dollar phone?

I guess if 7 dollars a month is to much for you, you wouldn't have the high end phones anyway.

alboboy10

Reaction score
So you wouldn't get insurance on a 600 dollar phone?

I guess if 7 dollars a month is to much for you, you wouldn't have the high end phones anyway.

Its seven dollars more than necessary. And what does you wouldn't have the high end phones anyway mean? I've had the best androids out in the last two years.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly why insurance is an option
smile.png

I personally don't have it, but if for some reason there's a day where I wish I had it, I'll get it from then on.
I sure hope you don't feel the same way about auto insurance. It's illegal to get auto coverage AFTER an accident. Just sayin'

twright86

Reaction score
Its seven dollars more than necessary. And what does you wouldn't have the high end phones anyway mean? I've had the best androids out in the last two years.
Means, Razr, Rezound,Galaxy Nexus..among other phones.

From the other thread I know you have the Galaxy Nexus.

I don't know whether you are brave or stupid.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I sure hope you don't feel the same way about auto insurance. It's illegal to get auto coverage AFTER an accident. Just sayin'

Calm down guys. I believe he meant if this phone breaks, he knows that with his NEXT purchase he should probably invest in insurance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

djyoyo

Reaction score
I think wirefly has the best insurance. $7 per month with no deductible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I have ensquared insurance :biggrin:. Should I need to file an insurance claim, I sure do look forward to their 90% brand new replacement policy. Hopefully I won't need to use it at all though :biggrin:

TristanCross

Reaction score
Lol I've been through so many phones that I know the UPS guy pretty well now. I've had about 6-8 Blackberry Storm 2's, a Blackberry Curve (have no idea why they sent this. I was supposed to get the Droid X when they sent this), and 3-5 Droid X's. Insurance is a wonderful thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
Lol I've been through so many phones that I know the UPS guy pretty well now. I've had about 6-8 Blackberry Storm 2's, a Blackberry Curve (have no idea why they sent this. I was supposed to get the Droid X when they sent this), and 3-5 Droid X's. Insurance is a wonderful thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

WOW! Yea I been in one of your shoes b4. I ahve been through about 6 OD droids. I feel $7 is worth it. It saved me A TON of money, i broke the phone several times. Once it was on my lap and feel out of the car onto gravels... i hear a loud glass like pop and I knew that it had shattered the screen even before I flipped it over. 2nd time my wife and I were fighting and she launched it into a wall... LMAO it survived but for some reason later on I also launched it into a wall during the same fight. It wouldnt come out of boot loop then so I got a warrenty replacement.

k9castro

Reaction score
Tekjunkie- Very funny! If only there was Wife/girlfriend Insurance... With loaner program?