Cracked Screen!

Bixby

Reaction score
i've got that insurance through verizon too. do they at least give you a new one, or is it a refurb. i'm thinking refurb, but it should be new since they charge $100 deductible.

They best give me a new one, yo!?! Sorry for the white boy ghetto talk, momentery lapse. The phone hasn't even been out long enough to have refurbs, I would presume?!? If it is not new, I will be complaining fo' sho'!

Sent from my cracked GNex :-(

kparks

Reaction score
They best give me a new one, yo!?! Sorry for the white boy ghetto talk, momentery lapse. The phone hasn't even been out long enough to have refurbs, I would presume?!? If it is not new, I will be complaining fo' sho'!

Sent from my cracked GNex :-(

Most likely it will be a refurbished

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Considering the phone is only 10 days old, i would think it would be new/one that was returned. Doesnt seem like enough time has passed for the full on refurbishment process. Just my opinion.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
i've got that insurance through verizon too. do they at least give you a new one, or is it a refurb. i'm thinking refurb, but it should be new since they charge $100 deductible.

Insurance provides a new replacement of the phone. There is no such thing as insurance that replaces items with used (or factory refurbished) products that I know of. If they did the run the added insurance claims.since there's a chance the refurb may also fail.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright folks, let's get back on track please.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
When I bought my Nexus I was told my insurance would increase from $4 a month to $6 a month, but it's a small price to pay to keep my Nexus naked and in the wild without fear, still haven't dropped it yet though, come close a couple times though.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
This is a serious question and not meant to be funny or critical. How do people drop their phones so easily? I've had simple phones for 10 years and a smartphone for just over 2 years. I have never dropped any of them, even once. (Yes, I know, I'll probably drop my new Inc2 tomorrow.) My wife has had phones for the same amount of time. She never dropped her Ally that she had for 16 months, but did drop her VX8300 a couple of times. I've also had many cameras over 40 years and have never dropped one of those either. What do you do that causes you to drop your phone, camera, whatever? I saw a woman in the Target checkout line a couple of days ago drop her phone. She was trying to text while trying to hold an armful of stuff to buy.

mtnbst

Reaction score
Well, it very common to set your phone in your lap when you drive, when you get out the car and don't grab your phone first....... Bam on the ground it goes. I am pretty ADD and try to do too many things at once, distractions come easily. These new phones are pretty slippery too... I might add, and a good case is must.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
Well, it very common to set your phone in your lap when you drive, when you get out the car and don't grab your phone first....... Bam on the ground it goes. I am pretty ADD and try to do too many things at once, distractions come easily. These new phones are pretty slippery too... I might add, and a good case is must.

LOL I do this on a daily basis

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I have a habit of placing it on my lap when I'm watching TV and it slides down on occasion and lands on the floor. Hasent happened with my nexus yet though.

Bixby

Reaction score
Because of crude comments like this, I will no longer post on this forum.
Btw, Asurion sent me a new Nexus, not a refurb.

Sent from my New Nexus

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because of crude comments like this, I will no longer post on this forum.
Btw, Asurion sent me a new Nexus, not a refurb.

Sent from my New Nexus

I just deleted those posts, they should not have been left there, my apologies.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Cinoib

Reaction score
would also like to know this.

Also if you had insurance, you would've signed for it. If you had insurance on your X, then it should've transferred over to the Nexus. Pics of the poor Nexus?

Not necessary so... Verizon will indeed ask u if you want to continue insurance but it might change due to a different insured device. I.e., the Razr is known to crack a screen easier then say a bionic or Droid x2.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
On a related note, does Asurion care about unlocked and rooted phones? Is it best to return the phone back to stock and lock the bootloader? Or do they not care?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dropped my naked GNex on Christmas Eve while taking my baby girl out of the car. Fell flat on the screen & cracked it. Already claimed Asurion insurance & paid the $99.00 deductible. NOT. HAPPY.

Sent from my GNex with a cracked screen :-(

So they make the screens scratch proof, but drop proof is a no? Makes me appreciate my old OG Droid more and more.