Cracked Screen!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by mkellypc, Dec 22, 2011.

1. mkellypc

mkellypc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! First time poster. Got My Nexus Friday after ordering Thursday morning. By mid-morning Saturday I had a cracked screen. Verizon refuses to help, says cracked screen automatically means customer abuse. Thought I had insurance but apparently I did not. I have few options now. Additional $300 if I send it back to Verizon and they replace it. I would just replace the screen but there seems to be none available yet. Anyone with any ideas?
    I'm coming from a Droid X which took all kinds of abuse. I really want to love this phone but not starting out too well.
    Thanks in advance.

2. LostRacer

LostRacer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How did you crack the screen?

3. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    How'd you crack the screen in less than 24 hours, I hold mine like a new born.

Apparently the screen is nearly impossible to fix on your own, it's attached to a lot more than normal screens are when they released the break down.

Verizon said you could send it off to them for $300? I'd say that's your cheapest option, as the only other way would be to buy a new one at $649.

4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    would also like to know this.

Also if you had insurance, you would've signed for it. If you had insurance on your X, then it should've transferred over to the Nexus. Pics of the poor Nexus?

5. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Of course it does. No other way to explain a cracked screen, unless it arrived cracked, which it didn't. File an insurance claim, if you have it. That's what it's for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mkellypc

mkellypc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Source of crack is not clear. It was in my front pocet (as I've always carried my phones) with the silicone cover on it. Went shopping with the wife, noticed a small crack on the side which soon spread all the way across. My local verizon dealer confirmed that it looked like no abuse. it was purchased over the phone so thats where the mix up happened on insurance. I just have a problem with Verizon telling me that crack can only be from abuse whice means to me that every device is 100% flawless as far as the screen goes. Maybe mine was put in slightly mis-aligned and normal pressure caused it? Been with Verizon 14 years and my total Verizon bill (Fios, land line, internet, 5 cell lines) is $600+ a month and they don't want to give me the benefit of the doubt and take care of a customer!

7. phillyphill39

phillyphill39 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its because it cost them money if they replace the phone for you for free. I work for att warranty and it doesn't matter how long they've been a customer 1 day or 10 years. A crack is a crack which voids the warranty. Too bad you can't add insurance. I'd fight about that so you can at least make an insurance claim.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

8. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Hmm so you don't have insurance right now? What I would do, add the insurance, wait a few days/weeks, then file the claim.

9. Juicemane

Juicemane Bang Bang
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Which is fraud lol. Tread lightly with that one, Assurion is not one to mess with. They will check which phone has been active on the account to determine when the device was damaged, I learned the hard way.

10. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    I say, meh. If you're gonna lose sleep over it, don't do it. He's getting screwed over on a technicality anyways. That's why we pay the large deductible and the monthly premium. If the phone is semi-usable, keep it active and use it regularly.

11. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Bummer, seems like it was a legit flaw.

12. mkellypc

mkellypc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the MANY reps I talked to over the last couple of days told me to just take out the insurance then file a claim...says they tell people to do that all the time I did and asurian denied me...said tbey could tell I bought insurance after the damage???? The phone does still work

Search tags for this page
cellairis droid razr screen replacement
cellairis phone repair prices
cellairis prices for repair
cellairis repair prices

cellairis screen repair

cellairis screen repair cost

cellairis screen repair prices

how much does cellairis charge

how much does cellairis charge for screen repair

how much does cellairis charge to replace an iphone screen