Fusion ROM Beta (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Well guys, looks like the backup that I had somehow got hosed too. So starting again, luckily most of the time it took to get here was just figuring stuff out. Give me about 3-4 days to recover and I should be back to normal, just a little delay is all.

Luckily 13 was pretty good, so it should hold you off in the meantime if you are looking to try...hmm maybe should've skipped lucky number 13..haha

Well no sleep here I come! lol

jr313

Reaction score
Take your time bro itll be well worth it when your ready...and lucky #13 is good enough to use everyday so handle your biz and dont lose too much sleep over it..lol..see you next update

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up for another compatible kernel. Yes kernels need to be made to be compatible with Gingerbread for SD card mounting. Right now invisiblek's doesn't have the 2.6.35 backports right now to work with mounting so it's good to see that others are popping up that support it.

win7

Reaction score
This is currently the best Gingerbread ROM right now :D Tiamat is the only kernel that would mount via USB (on any gingerbread version).

dpaps17

Reaction score
Overclock

So I just installed the Beta13 ROM on my Droid Inc, and everything is working fine.
I'm new to root and was wondering how I set smartass governor, and also how to overclock it.
All help is appreciated!

jr313

Reaction score
You have to first go to the market on your phone and get "Overclock" its an app that costs a couple of bucks i believe 2 - 3 dollars you install it and it will ask you to allow it super user permissions say yes of course, then select "Autodetect Speeds Recommended" after that press the "scaling" button and choose "Smartass" and from there you can play with the settings of how much you want to overclock...

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Ok, just wanted to give you guys a status update.

Yes, I lost everything. Yes, it sucked. Yes, I learned from my lesson. lol

Thats the bad news.

The good news is:

Everything is back to where I was + more. Here is what I have been working on...

- Wireless and Wired tether now working.
- Blinking notification lights (hallelujah) - credit Cyanogen
- Rotary lockscreen (optional)
- Moved some settings to the Fusion Settings app.
- Changed the volume selection to Silent:Vibrate:Sound On - credit (I believe) Billy Galbreath
- Cleaned up alot of code and strings while I was redoing stuff.
- Upgraded to the CM browser for additional settings (obviously credit to CM team)
- Upgraded a few things kernel wise for a little bit better battery life.
- and a BIG BIG BIG secret that I can't tell you yet.

Just cleaning up a few little things tonight (well morning) and tomorrow will be final install testing and what not and I will upload it to you guys to try out. This will be beta-142....just kidding we will stick with 14. Hope 13 has been treating you guys ok, sorry I have been away but I had a lot of work to do on this over the weekend and did nothing but work on it. Hopefully it's worth it for you guys.

win7

Reaction score
- Wireless and Wired tether now working.
- Blinking notification lights (hallelujah) - credit Cyanogen
- Rotary lockscreen (optional)
- Moved some settings to the Fusion Settings app.
- Changed the volume selection to Silent:Vibrate:Sound On - credit (I believe) Billy Galbreath
- Cleaned up alot of code and strings while I was redoing stuff.
- Upgraded to the CM browser for additional settings (obviously credit to CM team)
- Upgraded a few things kernel wise for a little bit better battery life.
- and a BIG BIG BIG secret that I can't tell you yet.
...wow. That sounds pretty close to being perfect. I'm using beta-13 and it is AMAZING. Fixing the volume selection and the notification LED are really all that I needed to be completely happy, but all of that extra stuff is phenomenal :) excited for it to come out and for the surprise

Last edited:

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Sweet! I was just gonna ask about tethering, glad I don't have to wait for that to be fixed.

And I agree, this is the best Gingerbread ROM I have ever tried (yes I've tried a few). I think this will be my "perma-ROM".

By the way, is there any way you can integrate Sense into this? Compatability with HTC Sync would be cool, and some HTC widgets as well. I don't need the whole Sense package- mute when phone is flipped over, louder when in a bag or pocket, etc.

I won't pretend to know about developing ROM's- I have no idea how easy or difficult doing this would be, and you've done a great deed already with this ROM, so you can decline this, but I'm sure I won't be the only one to appreciate some optional sense pack or what have you.

Thanks again for the sweet ROM!

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Also, is there any way to get EPST? I know I don't NEED it, but I like to think it's helpful to have.

jr313

Reaction score
Sweet! I was just gonna ask about tethering, glad I don't have to wait for that to be fixed.

And I agree, this is the best Gingerbread ROM I have ever tried (yes I've tried a few). I think this will be my "perma-ROM".

By the way, is there any way you can integrate Sense into this? Compatability with HTC Sync would be cool, and some HTC widgets as well. I don't need the whole Sense package- mute when phone is flipped over, louder when in a bag or pocket, etc.

I won't pretend to know about developing ROM's- I have no idea how easy or difficult doing this would be, and you've done a great deed already with this ROM, so you can decline this, but I'm sure I won't be the only one to appreciate some optional sense pack or what have you.

Thanks again for the sweet ROM!
there wont be any kind of sense on gingerbread untill there is an official release by google and htc...closes thing you can do is get launcher pro from the market and install it, it has sum htc style widgets on it and if you like the clock with weather get weather widget donate both are paid apps and will give you the look you want...

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I hate to keep talking here, but my battery is draining a little faster than a percent a minute, just on the homescreen with the lowest brightness setting. I've heard of people having to calibrate their batteries, is that what I have to do, and if so how?

Thanks again!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App