Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
OC Kernel for Droid Incredible 2 (vivow) AOSP or Sense

These are beta builds, I will compile as I make changes and post up kernels along the way. They will be tested to ensure they boot on my device (doesnt mean they will on yours) and also that wifi is working (also doesnt mean it will on yours). This is a work in progress so please don't expect perfection.

Please make a backup prior to installing, or at least have a known stable kernel on your sdcard so you can recover with little hassle. I take no responsibility for what you do with these files, they are provided as is. You make the decision to use them, you live with it.

Features
-Interactive Gov- with a tweak for responsiveness
-CM Style Overclocking
-noop i/o sched
-tweaked deadline i/o sched
-cfq i/o sched
-Sense and AOSP versions Available for download
-vdd sysfs added

Enjoy
Download:
sense
aosp

Credits:
CyanogenMoD, Slayher, invisiblek, Erasmux rmk40, Tiamat, Google, HTC, and Linux...If I forgot to add you and you deserve to be in here, it wasn't intentional sorry, please let me know and I will add you in

What's New in Version 1.0

• **V 1.0**
  • -Rebased the kernel, now using CM source.
  • -Bluetooth now works
  • -Freq scaling now works
  • -Removed Smartass2, interactive will give you better speed and battery life.
  • -More performance changes
  • -vdd sysfs now supported
Source

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Be sure to mark this as installed guys and gals :wink-b:

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Thanks guys...hope everyone is enjoying them...haven't got much feedback yet but have got some good reports on battery life :)

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys...hope everyone is enjoying them...haven't got much feedback yet but have got some good reports on battery life :)

Certainly was the case on your D1 kernels!

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
0.9 up :)...volume tweak added & more battery saving tweaks...anybody over here tried these yet?

J

JohnDroid

I'll see if we can do a featured front page article and get some more exposure!

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Thanks :) but no need for all that, these are beta versions so wasn't expexting a lot of users just curious. I will be putting out a stable supported build soon and moving these to unsupported. They will still be updated between stable builds for those that like to have the latest.

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
what scheduler are you using? CFS or BFS?

cfs.. I will consider adding bfs down the road but to me cfs + sched auto groups patch > bfs...I know there are some that will disagree with that statement which is why I will consider adding it later

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Bugs found so far...

-Aosp kernel Bluetooth doesn't work...still works in sense version

-cannot reduce max clock speed

androidweirdo

Reaction score
can this be used with liquid 3.0? if so how would i go about flashing it successfully

OP
CorCor67

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Yes, but the 2 bugs in my last post will show in liquids rom. First download the AOSP version to your sdcard, then reboot into recovery. Select "Install zip from sdcard" then select "choose zip from sdcard", then navigate to where the zip is. If you downloaded from your phone it should be in the downloads folder, if you downloaded on your computer and moved it to your phone then I can't tell you where it is...once you find it select it, scroll through all the "no" options and hit yes. Once it's done installing go back and restart your phone (it wont take long to install).

androidweirdo

Reaction score
Yes, but the 2 bugs in my last post will show in liquids rom. First download the AOSP version to your sdcard, then reboot into recovery. Select "Install zip from sdcard" then select "choose zip from sdcard", then navigate to where the zip is. If you downloaded from your phone it should be in the downloads folder, if you downloaded on your computer and moved it to your phone then I can't tell you where it is...once you find it select it, scroll through all the "no" options and hit yes. Once it's done installing go back and restart your phone (it wont take long to install).

what do you mean can't reduce max clock speed?