Fusion ROM Beta (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible

roberj13

Reaction score
Fusion ROM Beta (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible - UPDATED 01/8/11

Fusion-INC-beta-15
FusionICE-INC-beta-1

New features:
-Updated to Android 2.3.2
-several bugfixes were included in this but mainly fixes the SMS bug.
-Rotary lockscreen (optional)
-Trackpad wake feature (cm)
-Trackpad and menu button unlock feature (cm)
-Electron beam animations for screen wake on sleep (optional)
-Volume button music track skip (cm)
-Lockscreen music controls (kmobs)
-Blinking notifications (cyanogen)
-Working 8MP camera and high quality camcorder (no 720 yet)
-Wifi tether and USB tether now working (slayher)
- Please use the wifi/usb tether in settings>wireless & networks as some apps aren't working with Gingerbread.
-Some adjustments to the kernel for hopefully better battery life and stability.

About the kernel:
The kernel is based on slayher's CyanogenMod kernel. It is 2.6.32.17 with .35 backports for USB mounting. Then I added HAVS (hybrid adaptive voltage scaling) and the smartass governor for better battery life and performance. This is a kernel that will boot up with a 128MHz-998MHz. You can enable overclocking with either SetCPU or DroidOverclock from the market to 1.152GHz. If you want/need to try another kernel make sure that it is specifically made for Gingerbread or you WILL LOSE USB MOUNTING. So far right now I know of only a few. Jdkoreclipse's kernel can be found on this forum, Tiamat's kernel can be found on xda, and lastly the stock CM7 kernel from Slayher. As far as I know invisiblek's kernel has not been updated to support Gingerbread yet.

ICE features:
Anything that was green or orange (yellow) in framework is now BLUE.
Blue market by pendo via xda
Updated blue google apps

So this was supposed to be released about 2 weeks ago but I kept pushing things back because I am a perfectionist and I wanted the ICE version to be done before the release of the next beta. SO...here it is. I am very proud of these two ROM's and a lot of work has gone into them to make them as bugfree and fast as possible. More work to be done of course, but there will probably be only one more beta before I will finally have to settle in on an actual release schedule. So flash away guys unless you guys find a critical critical bug then this will probably be the version that stays for about another 2 weeks or so.

Thanks go to:
CyanogenMod team, cvpcs, slayher, koush, kookahdoo, jasonppp, sneaky_zekey, all of Team Fusion, my wife for putting up with me going to sleep at 3 am every morning then listening to me tell her I am tired the next day.

----DOWNLOADS-----

FusionINC-beta15

Green GApps v1.4

FusionICE-INC-beta1

Blue GApps v1.4

---Instructions---

Download either Base zip
Download the associated Google Apps zip
Put both on the SDCard
Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery
Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Choose Install ZIP
Choose the base rom first
Choose the Google Apps next
Reboot
Enjoy.

Please do not choose to install the zip from Rom Manager...reboot manually and save yourself the question.

For those interested kernel source IS on github now, http://github.com/roberj13, the rest is being worked on.

Last edited:
OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Screenshots:

FusionICE-INC

CAP2011012318311.jpg
CAP2011011907452.jpg
CAP201101231816.jpg
CAP201101231815.jpg
CAP2011012318172.jpg

Fusion-INC

CAP201012311000.jpg
CAP2010123110041.jpg

Last edited:

jr313

Reaction score
Ive tried to install today and it gets stuck (freezes) in recovery during installation, it finds update, opens update then it just freezes at installing update the progression bar never starts moving and i let it run for at least 5 minutes...i had to do a battery pull and tried 3 different times but no luck..

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Couple questions.

Which recovery, which version?

What is the filename of the zip you downloaded?
Should be fusion_inc-ota-eng.roberj13-beta3.zip

Here is a md5sum for the download so you can make sure nothing got corrupted.
71d7d4e9e1d9d23e614f324907872bf6

The script doesn't really have the progress bar working yet. So it stays on 0 until just about the very end.

It takes a long time but it should at least get to Installing system files.... and then it will sit. 5 minutes sounds like it should be enough though but sometimes with no progress bar 1 minute can seem like 5 when your phone is not doing anything.

jr313

Reaction score
I was using the fusion-beta-2 zip you had in the op this morning before you changed it...i am running CW 2.5.1.2 recovery...im downloading the updated version right now and will try it...ill keep you posted on what happens

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Ok thanks

Also, for anyone who is flashing. while I was fixing something else it seems I broke audio?!

Making a new build now that should fix that so I would hold off flashing unless your really curious..

jr313

Reaction score
Ok i installed the beta 3 zip and its up and running fast and smooth but like u said the audio is broken...other than that it is the best gingerbread rom ive used thus far...keep up the good work bro im looking forward to the fix so i can use this as my everyday rom...

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Uploading a fixed file for the audio, sorry about that. Took me forever to find it because either my kids put the 27 m's in one of the make files or that's when i fell asleep on my computer..lol

So, after this one the next update will have the settings app built with some goodies. Look for the updated file to be posted in about 30.

jr313

Reaction score
LOL...its all good bro and thank u for all the work your putting in for all of us..I will definitely be looking out for the goodies!

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Uploaded new file Beta-6 fixed the camcorder and usb mounting that I broke so I think im back to normal with audio, cam, and usb working again. Again, sorry bout that. Next beta should have some new features finally.

bassmasteraj

Reaction score
Does this get rid of a lot of the bloat ware. also can you tell me the advantage of loading this Rom. I am using stock 2.2

TheDarkness

Reaction score
Roberj13 very nice GB build from source. Very quick, nice and stock like Google intended no extra garbage or bloatware (or odd fonts, theme crap either!).

Easily the fastest build from source I've seen yet, faster then what I've cobbled together so major kudos :). Are you working out of CM's source any or just AOSP?

Noticed you mentioned going back to the older rotary lock, would you give us a stock lock flash-able zip if/when you make that change (for those of us wanting pure google AOSP).

Thanks!

EDIT: Would you mind posting this on the XDA developer forums, would have a lot of good minds testing this and submitting feedback and potential fixes. If you don't want to post on XDA could I copy this thread there with a link back here?

Last edited:

Zomb!e

Reaction score
Thanks for the rom. Kept seeing your name in Rom Manager but it would never load anything. I've tried the other GB roms but they all had something that made me switch back to CM6 or Miui.

Luckily I visited these forums today to see this rom.

After my battery charges up I'll be giving this a try. Thanks.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the rom. Kept seeing your name in Rom Manager but it would never load anything. I've tried the other GB roms but they all had something that made me switch back to CM6 or Miui.

Luckily I visited these forums today to see this rom.

After my battery charges up I'll be giving this a try. Thanks.

Thanks for the support. The roberj section on ROM manager is an old one for some outdated themes. Hopefully soon we can get our ROMs and Themes back up. Thanks for the interest bud!